DVD Rom & DVD writer - master/slave settings

Old May 11th 05, 12:04 PM

Default DVD Rom & DVD writer - master/slave settings

I have just built a machine and have a question

I have a SATA hardrive

DVD rom drive connected to primary controller set as master
DVD re-writer connected to secondary controller set as slave

when i bought the DVD writer it already had the jumper setting already
set as a slave drive so i left it, does anyone know if it's ok to have
this configuration? baring in mind that the DVD writer is the only
device connected to the secondary controller the DVD rom drive is the
only device connected to the primary controller.

Just would like to know if i should change the DVD writer to secondary
master or just leave it.

Thanks in advance

du.

Old May 11th 05, 05:02 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:58:22 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "JAD"
wrote :

put the roms on the primaries, set to master of each channel

Why?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
Old May 11th 05, 05:22 PM
JAD

simply, it would be logical orderly, and proper.

and it looks better on the POST screen ;^)\

Old May 11th 05, 05:26 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:22:59 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
wrote :

simply, it would be logical orderly, and proper.

and it looks better on the POST screen ;^)\

Tart(Girl's Blouse)grin

.. .

Old May 11th 05, 05:28 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:26:56 +0100 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants Shepİ

wrote :

simply, it would be logical orderly, and proper.

and it looks better on the POST screen ;^)\

Tart(Girl's Blouse)grin

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/t.htm

Heh.Heh

Old May 13th 05, 01:45 AM
johns

Totally goofy setup ... I'm surprised your system boots. Pretty
soon, you are going to make an install from one of those cds,
and your SATA is history.

I recommend:
Remove the DVD rom drive entirely.
Master the DVD writer on IDE 1 ( nothing on IDE 0 )

johns