Sound Blaster Platinum Software in Win XP?

Old January 14th 04, 10:03 PM
John

Default Sound Blaster Platinum Software in Win XP?

Hi.

I have Windows XP and I have the Sound Blaster Platinum Card. It
works okay and is detected by XP, however, the software doesn't seem
to be very well.

The Creative Launcher at the top seems very unstable and flickers a
lot. So much so, that it is not usable. You can't click onto it and
select anything.

Is there anyone who had managed to download updated software that
works? I would really like to have the launcher and software still,
especially because I like the different sound effects, the mixer, and
the ability to select the "what you hear" input as well as others all
from the launcher.

I only bought this a few years ago, and spent quite a few pounds on
it, so if there is anyway to get the software working as well that
would be fantastic.

Thanks for any help

John

Old January 14th 04, 10:43 PM
Night_Seer

John wrote:
[...]

I have never used the software from the cards themselves for the
same reason (though newer stuff is getting better). Especially the
launch bar, which never worked right. The special features are great,
but there is very little you can't do by pulling up that program
specifically from the start menu. The launch bar uses up resources, and
since your not always launching programs, is a waste to me. If you can
live without that, it should work great, but if you really want the use
of these things, I can only suggest to upgrade, as I have never been
able to get the bar to work correctly, even on a fresh install.

--
Night_Seer

Old January 15th 04, 04:26 AM
Adam Steiner

"Night_Seer" ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com wrote in message
John wrote:
[...]

Try updating the drivers from Creative's site. I know they have an auto
updater which will check for you. I was having a problem with my SB Audigy
2 Platinum and that solved the problem.