SB Live Platinum with Win XP Pro?

Old September 21st 03, 01:03 AM
John

Default SB Live Platinum with Win XP Pro?

Hello.

I just wondered if anyone knows whether the Sound Blaster Live
Platinum will work with Windows XP Pro? Does XP come with the drivers
already for this, or would I need to pay another couple of hundred to
get a new Creative SB product?

Thanks for your help

John

Old September 21st 03, 01:16 PM
Dave

Works ok here,no problem.
Although i did order the drivers on CD from their online store.

Old September 26th 03, 03:45 AM
Pokemon Smith

John, ditto here, just can't get the creative recorder application back up,
or maybe I'm missing something. The "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe" installed
no problem, without installing the old apps and drivers, and all tests ran
ok (I have klipsch 4.1 system and sound is fine) but I can't load the remote
center, or playcenter. It says I need to have it already installed - I
tried it from the installation CD and got an application error after a few
mintues of installation. So I'm at a loss what to do now. Any suggestions?

I love/need the "What U hear" setting, as I have an 8 channel mixer into the
main input..

Old September 26th 03, 08:08 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:03:00 +0100, In this world we created John
wrote :

Hello.

I just wondered if anyone knows whether the Sound Blaster Live
Platinum will work with Windows XP Pro? Does XP come with the drivers
already for this, or would I need to pay another couple of hundred to
get a new Creative SB product?

Thanks for your help

John

You can download these files,
This section.
SB PCI 64/128/128 vibra application updates 10/11/2000

but they must all be in the Same folder.
Then run the capp_setupus.exe
http://tinyurl.com/oogn

This software update adds the Play Centre/Mixer and Recorder.It's the
recorder you want so choose a,"Custom"install and don't tick the
others unless you want them.Although the page doesn't mention XP they
work in it.In the Recorder's options(Select Recording source) change
to the Stereo Mix option.This will record ANY sound going through the
sound card as a.wav file 44.1k stereo which can then be
coverted/manipluated with any sound software.

Note:In the windows mixer/Options/Properties/Record you will have to
show the Stereo mix and also play with the recording volumes etc until
you get a good recording.

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,