Zip drive vanishes after SATA RAID install on Dimension 8200

Old August 27th 04, 06:56 AM
P.A.

Default Zip drive vanishes after SATA RAID install on Dimension 8200

Here is my problem and what I've done so far. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

1. Removed my old hard drive.

2. Installed a promise SATA RAID card in my Dimension 8200, along with
two hard drives connected to it.

Secondary IDE cable connects to a DVD drive, and a DVD-RW drive. Both
work fine.

Primary IDE cable connects only to a zip drive, set as Master
(remember, original hard drive was removed).

In order to avoid the "press F1 to continue, F2 to enter setup"
message that I got after booting with this configuration, I had to go
to the bios and set the primary IDE channel (0 and 1) to OFF.

Now the system boots fine, but I don't see the Zip drive. My guess is
that since the bios sees the primary IDE as being off, and the hard
drives are on a SATA card, it does not see the Zip drive.

If I set the primary IDE to AUTO, I get the "press F1 to continue, F2
to enter setup" message - which I want to avoid.

Please help!

Many thanks