Any properly working drivers for mx400 available?

Old October 20th 04, 04:20 AM
Kenneth Strom

Default Any properly working drivers for mx400 available?

Bought mx400 which only has only 1 vga out. I wanted to add another
monitor so I stuck the old pci card I had in there originally back in.
Win98se detects the pci card and the monitor, even says so on the
second monitor. Problem is when I go to set the adpater settings in
windows the second monitor turns off and the computer locks up. I
took it out and looked at the settings and it seems this mx400 cards
drivers install 2 monitors and instances of itself no matter what.

Are there any properly working drivers for the mx400 that will avoid
this problem. I have tried everything I could think of in the
settings to get it to single monitor and even when it is set at that 2
monitors are still there.

Ken.
Old October 20th 04, 05:36 PM
CapFusion

"Kenneth Strom" wrote in message
om...
Bought mx400 which only has only 1 vga out. I wanted to add another
monitor so I stuck the old pci card I had in there originally back in.
Win98se detects the pci card and the monitor, even says so on the
second monitor. Problem is when I go to set the adpater settings in
windows the second monitor turns off and the computer locks up. I
took it out and looked at the settings and it seems this mx400 cards
drivers install 2 monitors and instances of itself no matter what.

Are there any properly working drivers for the mx400 that will avoid
this problem. I have tried everything I could think of in the
settings to get it to single monitor and even when it is set at that 2
monitors are still there.

Ken.

Seeing two monitor is normal.
Can you swap your two card around?
If you have MX400 on PCI slot 1 try slot 3 and have your old PCI to slot 1.

Note -
Generally nVidia card support multi-display but might not from your old
card.
Having your old card to be initiallize first then nVidai may work.
Next is to depend on your MoBo on how it behave. Hopefully, it will detect
the first display card and continue to scan for another.

Check if your old PCI card can run by itself and load Windows without any
problem. Install necessary driver for the old card. Check in display
properties and see if changing any setting will cause your PC to freeze etc.
If all work well, try install the GeForce 2 MX400 and it driver. Go back to
display propertie and see if it freeze or having any problem.

If both card is working, your option should be on the lower left where it
indicate *** Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor *** from 2nd
monitor.

CapFusion,...

Old October 21st 04, 12:14 AM
DaveW

You did NOT say what brand your 2nd PCI card is. If it's an ATI, that's
your conflict between the drivers.

--
DaveW