TV WONDER USB refuses to work in XP

Old July 20th 04, 07:02 PM
Brian

Default TV WONDER USB refuses to work in XP

I bought the TV WONDER USB to watch TV on my notebook here at school. I can
not for my life get the tuner to work. The ATI MMC software doesnt work, the
dreaded "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I've tried numerous
tv tuner programs.

The last program I have used is DScaler. In the program I can see one
channel (no audio), and if I attempt to change the channel the video remains
on the same one. So I can see the usb tuner has the capability to send one
channel to my notebook (although very bad quality, I just want it to work
for now).

How can I harness this to get it to actually work? It seems no software
wants to work. I do not wish to format my pc, I just did it earlier this
month with XP PRO.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Is there another usb tuner that
works better than this ATI?

Old July 21st 04, 01:47 AM
V Green

Does your notebook use Intel graphics
chipset?

Then it'll never work, there's an "overlay conflict"
somehow.

ATI blames Intel. Intel blames ATI. Been round and round
with both of them. Gave up.

Have had to live with it for 3 years. Capture works
OK, just not TV.

Old July 21st 04, 05:50 AM
Brian

Yes, it is an intel chipset. Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I will
sell this right back on ebay.

brian

Old July 21st 04, 06:22 AM
V Green

Here's the dope from the Intel folks:

http://support.intel.com/support/gra...4688-prd39.htm

I just use mine in the field to cap small portions
of pipeline video inspections to grab still frames from...
at this it does fine. I would like to watch TV in
my spare time, tho'