CD jewel case covers paper weight

Old October 8th 04, 02:58 PM
Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com

Default CD jewel case covers paper weight

Greetings

Anyone know what weight the paper/card is in the front/back covers of
a CD jewel case?

Martin
©¿©¬
Old October 8th 04, 03:29 PM
Graham Mayor

There is no fixed standard as a sample of your own discs will demonstrate.
When making my own inserts I tend to use photo paper of around 160-220 g/m2
which works well, though it is thicker than most commercial labels.

--

Graham Mayor

Old October 8th 04, 04:12 PM
Allen

Martin wrote:
Greetings

Anyone know what weight the paper/card is in the front/back covers of
a CD jewel case?

Martin
©¿©¬

I use 20 or 24 lb for the back, which ever is in my printer at the time.
If it is for a two-CD slim case in which the back is exposed when CD 2
is accessed, heavier paper or light card stock works better. For the
front, if it is a single thickness, I will probably use card stock; if
it is multiple pages, the more pages the thinner the paper.
Allen

Old October 8th 04, 04:35 PM
Martin ©¿©¬ @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:29:43 +0100, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

There is no fixed standard as a sample of your own discs will demonstrate.
When making my own inserts I tend to use photo paper of around 160-220 g/m2
which works well, though it is thicker than most commercial labels.

Thanks Graham
I was guessing at about 160 gm
Is that glossy or matte photo paper U use?
Martin
©¿©¬

Old October 8th 04, 04:39 PM

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:12:43 GMT, Allen wrote:
Martin wrote:
Greetings
Anyone know what weight the paper/card is in the front/back covers of
a CD jewel case?

Martin
©¿©¬

I use 20 or 24 lb for the back, which ever is in my printer at the time.
If it is for a two-CD slim case in which the back is exposed when CD 2
is accessed, heavier paper or light card stock works better. For the
front, if it is a single thickness, I will probably use card stock; if
it is multiple pages, the more pages the thinner the paper.

Thanks Allen
Martin
©¿©¬