Audio CD are ****.

Old September 29th 04, 01:30 AM
terry smith

"smh" wrote in message
' -------------------------------------------
Graham Mayor (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?
Does MS stand for "Mikey S-licker"?

Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

I was beginning to think that Sammy had found a new pseudonym. Another

clown
troll has gone in the bozo bin

Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker) is a Liar (i)

======================
From: Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker)
Date: (7/15/02)

As far as I am aware only Direct CD will format CDR
=====================

But only 12 days before the above:

======================
From: Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker)
Date: (7/3/02)

Yes - I concede I had missed WriteCD-RW ...

"SR" wrote...
"Dan G." wrote:

Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker) squealed:

It will also work with CDR discs, which none of
the others will.

Beg to differ: WriteCD-RW will read all other
packet-writing, and also will write to CDR. (v-3.5).

I have to agree with this since I also found it much better
than Direct CD and to believe DirectCD is the only packet
writing programme that will handle CDRs just shows he hasn't
looked at the alternatives.

=======================

Graham Mayor (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?
Does MS stand for "Mikey S-licker"?

The guy is obviously a prick, like most Microsoft arselickers.

From: Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker)
Date: (7/3/02)

"Dan G." wrote:

Graham Mayor (Mikey S-licker) squealed:

It will also work with CDR discs, which none of
the others will.

Beg to differ: WriteCD-RW will read all other
packet-writing, and also will write to CDR. (v-3.5).

I have to agree with this since I also found it much better
than Direct CD and to believe DirectCD is the only packet
writing programme that will handle CDRs just shows he hasn't
looked at the alternatives.

=======================

Graham Mayor (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?
Does MS stand for "Mikey S-licker"?

The guy is obviously a prick, like most Microsoft arselickers.

Ain't that the truth!
And the prick is a peeper, too!
Old September 29th 04, 02:51 AM
NobodyMan

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:47:24 +0100, "terry smith"
wrote:

"nospam" wrote in message
.. .
"terry smith" wrote:

Well I will have them backed up on data cds which would form a pile
3.2 meter high approx, as opposed to your 32 meter audio pile,
a significant space saving.

You tried burning audio CDs and failed. Your solution to the problem is to
convince yourself that you didn't really want to burn audio CDs anyway and
now insist on convincing everyone else they don't want to either.

We don't care. I know why I want to burn audio CDs and have no problem
creating them, the same as most people here.

That may be so but you cannot deny my arguements are correct and nobody
has denyed any of the points I have made because they are all valid, and you
know it.
Some people still had a affection for vinyl when cds replaced them and no
doubt some will persist with cds despite their obselesence.

OK, King Nutter Butter, I will deny your arguments.

1. CDRs not reliable: I have audio CDRs I have burned over 10 years
ago. I listen to them FREQUENTLY and all still play flawlessly. This
even though they range in storage from blistering heat in the car
during the Texas Summer to numbing cold in the Alaska Winter.

2. Creating the Audio CDRs creates coaster: NOT if you do it
correctly. I have hundreds of burned audio CDRs with not one coaster.
Ever.

3. Hard to find songs: Gee, I KNOW who plays what song I want, and
what CD it's on. It's called HUMAN MEMORY. I also have everything
cataloged in a database I created so even if I can't remember what CD
the song is on, I can find it in less than five seconds.

4. I can't take my HDD or solid state memory to my car and listen to
it. Nor can I take it to work. When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

I wont' dignify your childish retorts by making more than this simple
statement: Grow Up.

Just because YOU have problems creating Audio CDs doesn't mean 99.9%
of competent computer users have problems.

Old September 29th 04, 03:18 AM
Nobody_of_Consequence

How do you fit 32000 wav files on single hd???
Thats got to be well over 1 terabyte of data !

"terry smith" wrote in message

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 29th 04, 04:47 AM
terry smith

Why would I be using .wav files?
I would be using mp3's? 3-4 meg X 32,000 ~= 120 gig hard drive.

Old September 29th 04, 04:55 AM
terry smith

"NobodyMan" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:47:24 +0100, "terry smith"
wrote:

"nospam" wrote in message
.. .
"terry smith" wrote:

[...]

Nope cds scatch easier than vinyl, one tiny scratch will turn it into a
coaster.

2. Creating the Audio CDRs creates coaster: NOT if you do it
correctly. I have hundreds of burned audio CDRs with not one coaster.
Ever.

Just read the posts in this newsgroup.

3. Hard to find songs: Gee, I KNOW who plays what song I want, and
what CD it's on. It's called HUMAN MEMORY. I also have everything
cataloged in a database I created so even if I can't remember what CD
the song is on, I can find it in less than five seconds.

Sure, you got 32,000 tracks? and a 32 meter high pile of cds?

4. I can't take my HDD or solid state memory to my car and listen to
it. Nor can I take it to work.

Yes you can if you have the right gear.

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

I wont' dignify your childish retorts by making more than this simple
statement: Grow Up.

Just because YOU have problems creating Audio CDs doesn't mean 99.9%
of competent computer users have problems.

O yes it does!!!!

Old September 29th 04, 02:19 PM
Don.

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.

Try taking that to the gym when you workout, with all the attachments
to the HD (computer, display, etc.) it would provide additional exercise
when on the tredmill, elliptical machine, etc. I would have to find
my old hiking Jansport backpack to carry it though.

I recently spent 2 days in the hospital with a knee replacement, they
certainly would have balked at me bringing in my computer to play music
rather than a tiny Walkman.

What planet did you say you were from? ;-)

Old September 29th 04, 02:24 PM
Don.

terry smith wrote:

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

Not at all! Because I'm starting to think you are really our old nemesis,
Sammy (SMH), in disguise. And we thought he'd been run over on the
freeway while sitting there playing with himself. ;-)

Old September 29th 04, 03:13 PM
terry smith

terry smith wrote:

[...]

Obviously like I said there are many portable solid state music
devices now, the sold state ones and also the protable harddrive
types too. All more compact than A CD player the prices of these
devices, (from about £50) will continue to fall.
Then there are also portable PC's, one of which you could pick
up very cheap on ebay etc...

Actually I would imagine you probably missed your computer far more
than your music anyway as there is plenty of music available in hospital
(radio etc..).

Actually I would be surprised if they didn't have facilities for internet
access
in hospitals how, mind you the doctors would not like you knowing more
abouut your condition than they do!!!

Anyway after 15 straight audio coasters I say **** em, never again.
The disks work and the drive works ok for data and my computer is
plenty fast enough so **** EM

And no, I am not going to stand on one leg patting my self on the head
and chanting the alphabet backwards as I burn.
I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE.

What planet did you say you were from? ;-)

Not planet coaster not anymore.

Old September 29th 04, 03:22 PM
terry smith

Don. wrote in message ...