Nero still better than Roxio

Old January 1st 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Nero still better than Roxio

Mike Richter wrote:
bad guy wrote:

I recently bought NEC dual layer DVD+/-RW burner. But it comes with
Roxio. Is Nero better than ROxio for DVD/CD creation? Does NEC with
Nero support overburned DVD/CD? TIA

My cd burner came with roxio. I used it to burn come cd-rws. After
a while all the cd-rws lost their data.

Forgetfulness is a property of erasable CDs, not of the software that
writes them. That's not to say that EMC is better or worse than Nero. I
haven't run Roxio software since versions 5 of ECDC and WinOnCD, so I
cannot judge.

Mike

I've found one safe use for RWs. I use them to hold digital images to
take to the processor. Not the originals--just copies. They have to last
only a few hours, and if one is bad, I just try again. The first (and
only) 10-pack I bought several years ago has come in handy for that use.
Allen

Old January 1st 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

SleeperMan (Pipsqueak) squealed:

bad guy wrote:

My cd burner came with roxio. I used it to burn come cd-rws. After
a while all the cd-rws lost their data.

I deleted Roxio all and use Nero.

Loosing data has nothing to do with software. It's a nature of CD-RW...they
are just not reliable media and they tend to loose data.

It's not all there anymore, Pipsqueak?

================================
From: SleeperMan (Pipsqueak)
Date: 1/13/03
Subject: Some thoughts on CD-RW (InCD Rocks!)

I think I am the only person in this newsgroup who had a good time
using *Packet-Writing* & CD-RW. InCD is doing it for me, it works
*Flawlessly*.

I am wondering if all you guys that are giving InCD/Packet-writing
a *Harsh* review have tried it recently? or did you draw all your
experiences some time ago when the technology was new/flaky.

I never had a problem yet. I currently use two CDRW's: one (older)
with UDF, and other (newer) with MtRainier formatted. It's all there
( yet)...
================================
Old January 1st 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

bad guy wrote:

My cd burner came with roxio. I used it to burn come cd-rws. After
a while all the cd-rws lost their data.

I deleted Roxio all and use Nero.

Loosing data has nothing to do with software. It's a nature of CD-RW...they
are just not reliable media and they tend to loose data.CD-R's are so cheap
that use them and avoid any RW media (DVD too).

Does CD-R last forever? No? You mean to say CD-R also loses data ??!!
Old January 1st 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

Allen (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped:

bad guy wrote:
My cd burner came with roxio. I used it to burn come cd-rws. After
a while all the cd-rws lost their data.

Forgetfulness is a property of erasable CDs, not of the software that
writes them.

I've found one safe use for RWs. I use them to hold digital images to
take to the processor. Not the originals--just copies. They have to last
only a few hours, and if one is bad, I just try again. The first (and
only) 10-pack I bought several years ago has come in handy for that use.

Bet you subscribe to these cockamamie mumbo jumbo:

"cd-rw is less reliable than cd-r, thus cd-rw is unreliable"
"cd-rw is the least reliable media, thus cd-rw is unreliable"
"cd-rw wears out, thus cd-rw is unreliable"

"dvd_rw is no more reliable than cd-rw"

"dvd_rw is no more reliable than cd-rw, thus dvd_rw is unreliable"

"Packet writing is less reliable than mastering,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

"Packet writing is the least reliable format,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

"DirectCD bugs translate into unreliability of cd-rw media"
"DirectCD bugs translate into the faults of packet writing"
"DirectCD bugs translate into flakiness of packet writing"
..

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Old January 1st 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW & Packet Writing

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped:

Forgetfulness is a property of erasable CDs

Does CD-R last forever? No? You mean CD-R also loses data ??!!
'

Old January 2nd 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW (forgetful)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped:

Forgetfulness is a property of erasable CDs

Isn't that also a property of CD-R?
No? You mean CD-R lasts forever?

Anyhow, have you ever substantiated the supposed forgetfulness of CD-RW,
beside by your crap you dug up from your asshole?

If CD-RW is indeed forgetful, should it have been used for backup, of
all things?

=======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=======================
..
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old January 2nd 06, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

"SleeperMan" ) writes:
bad guy wrote:
I recently bought NEC dual layer DVD+/-RW burner. But it comes with
Roxio. Is Nero better than ROxio for DVD/CD creation? Does NEC with
Nero support overburned DVD/CD? TIA

My cd burner came with roxio. I used it to burn come cd-rws. After
a while all the cd-rws lost their data.

I deleted Roxio all and use Nero.

Loosing data has nothing to do with software. It's a nature of CD-RW...they
are just not reliable media and they tend to loose data.CD-R's are so cheap
that use them and avoid any RW media (DVD too).
BTW...Nero has always been better than Roxio (my opinion anyway, but
majority of people think that way).

--
Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com

Are the packet-writing/reading capabilies of Roxio and Nero compatible
between each other? I bought Nero 7 but am holding off installing it
until the complaints stop. My older computers have older versions of
EZCD, including Direct CD. Could I burn an RW using Nero that will read
on a Roxio-only computer? (Short term use only.)

Brendan
Old January 2nd 06, 03:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

It's 2006! Why didn't sammy evaporate at the last stroke of 2005?

. --------------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=======================
.
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old January 2nd 06, 06:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

"Brendan R. Wehrung" (Mikey S-Licker) slurped:

It's 2006! Why didn't sammy evaporate at the last stroke of 2005?

Does CD-R lasts forever, **** Head?
No? Does that mean CD-R is also forgetful?
Is this all too complex to comprehend, **** Head?

Too much slurp in the skull, **** Head?

Old January 2nd 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

"Brendan R. Wehrung" (Mikey S-Licker) slurped:

It's 2006! Why didn't sammy evaporate at the last stroke of 2005?

Is this beyond your comprehension, **** Head?

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped (1/1/06):

Forgetfulness is a property of erasable CDs

===================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up...to a DCD-formatted erasable.

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 6/19/03

The format is bad - it loses data.
..