Plextor 708A CD-TEXT problem

Old April 13th 04, 11:11 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Deirdre's words, sicko?

Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR (daddy)

==========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (Roxio)
Date: 7/6/01

No, I don't have to lie on Roxio's behalf, and I do not do it.

I would be a damn fool to imagine that I could get away for very
long, if at all, with an outright, wilfull lie.

And my daddy didn't raise no fool.
==========================

===========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (Roxio)
Date: 5/28/01

Yes, our software has bugs. We have never hesitated to admit it.
===========================

What a lie !!!

==================
From: jbarry
Subject: attn: Deirdre' Straughan EZCD v4 bug report!
Date: 9/1/99

It says it defaults to "Close Session and Leave CD Open". However
it really defaults to "Close Disc". Changing it back and tell it to
"Set as Default" doesn't for the most part keep that setting...

===========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (Acraptec)
Subject: attn: Deirdre' Straughan EZCD v4 bugs.........
Date: 9/8/99

Hmm. In my own (very limited) beta testing, I found the defaults
stayed as I set them. I don't recall hearing any complaints from
the beta testers on this, either, but it's been a busy year. I'll
see what I can find out.
===========================
[There was no follow-up.]

=================
From: smh
Date: 3/23/00
Subject: EZCDC4.02 - still not OK === Deirdre Straughan / Adrian
Miller - Respond to this ===
"J.F. van Baarlen" wrote:

In the CD-creation setup, I can still not get it to default to
'Close session and leave CD open'. It still defaults to 'Close
CD'. How hard can it be to fix something so bloody simple? It's
just a matter of reading/writing the correct dword from the
registry and selecting the appropriate radio-button.

=================
[There was no response from the slimy weasels.]

Finally an "aware of" for a bug posted on (9/1/99) and (3/23/00) !!!

======================
From: "Adrian Miller (Roxio)"
Subject: EZCD 5 has BIGS!!!!
Date: 2/25/01

When you hit record and the options box comes up, it
lets you change the options and the you hit "Save as Default" for
the next time. This doesn't work and goes back to Adaptec's
default option

Known issue to be fixed in 5.01 due fairly soon.
======================
[Not fixed in 5.01]

That's some "never hesitated" !!!
Old April 13th 04, 11:30 PM
smh

how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

Usual crap snipped-

Still all worked up over crap, Timmy?

=========================
Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

OOOOOhhhhhhhh.....

OOOOOhhhhhhh....

Are you coming?
=========================

Not in a public newsgroup you sicko!
Old April 14th 04, 01:50 AM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Adrian's words, sicko?

ASPI Kills Win XP - Adrian Miller (Roxio)

There were NO reports of aspi killing win xp.
None, nada, zip, zilch!

Yet:
Adrian Miller (Roxio) spewed (8/1/01):

4.00 and 4.01 installed the Adaptec ASPI layer and
there have been quite a few reports in the XP beta groups
of that killing the OS.

Aspi "killing" WinXP? "Quite a few" reports?

how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller (Roxio)?

Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash

Get a load of this:

=================================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Subject: ASPI, W2K, and the truth
Date: (8/2/01)

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
=================================

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------
--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
Old April 14th 04, 06:18 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------------
Do Roxio / Adaptec assholes
wipe their assholes, as there is no standard?

Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Adrian's words, sicko?

===============================
Acraptec (Adaptec) is The Pits!
===============================

Have you heard of Take Two boot disk problem?

(Adrian Miller)

Result of no standard method of creating a bootable floppy
under the NT4 and 2000, easy work around available

With the cd-text problem, the difficulty was with "too many"
standards. Now, with the boot disk problem, the difficulty is with
"no" standard. Whether it's 'too many' or 'no', one thing is quite
clear: Acraptec is in love with the word "standard."

( Do Acraptec assholes wipe their assholes as there is no standard
method of doing it? This must be why the whole of Acraptec stinks.
And one more reason why Adaptec should be called a-CRAP-tec. )

================================
From: Jens Fangmeier (Feurio)
Subject: EzCD 4 and CD-TEXT
Date: 11/20/00

Adrian Miller (Roxio) wrote:

Yes - I can tell you what do to: You have to simple write the whole cd
in RAW Mode with FULL subchannels (Subchannels p to w, 2448 Bytes per
sector) and encode cd-text data in the subchannels of the leadin).

Let's see if adaptecs programmers are able to programm this :-;
=================================

Old April 14th 04, 07:14 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

(Isn't it a shame Tim cannot post in comp.* cdr groups?)

Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's words, sicko?

Howard Kaikow wrote:
Clive (Pipsqueak) squeaked:

Why the hell cant anyone produce reliable packet writing software
(and I dont mean the flaws in the format) but the software itself?

The problem is not the format, it is the inept implementation of the
standards.

Mike Richter on Packet Writing Format (i)

"the fault is not with the software but with the format"

( An MS MVP not only swallowed the above cockamamie hook, )
( line and sinker, but actively spreads the garbage! )

==============================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 12/15/01
Subject: Files Disappeared From CDRW DIsc.......

Suddenly i find myself among those who are having BIG problems
with Roxios crappy software, after a reasonable amount of small
problems with it, i insert a cdrw with files on it (jpegs) and
tried to burn a few more onto it only to find Roxio software
thinks it is either, corrupted, unrecognized data or need
formatting(?)

only one file remains on the disc, the others are GONE.

My guess is that you used DCD and you have now joined
the crowd of users who have learned that

fixed-length packets are the least reliable and
most fragile format you can write to CD.

Incidentally, the fault is not with the software but with
the format and the medium.
==============================

---------------------------
Wow! What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------------

( BTW, have you ever communicated with OSTA about what you call
the "faults" of fixed-length packet format?

Asking because you won't least a bit squeamish communicating with
Plextor and Andy McFadden, letting them know their supposed errant
ways -- and made that fact public! )

From: Mike Richter
Date: 12/15/01

[...]

=====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)
=====================================

===========================
From: davejohnson12
Subject: ASPI Layer and Adaptec/Roxio CD software - Help
Date: 4/6/01

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

ASPI layer should not be installed in WinMe.

A tech support person at Plextor told me to install
the newest version of the ASPI layer

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

You were misinformed and I am blind-copying this to Plextor so they
may verify it with Roxio and inform their tech support staff.
=====================

But then again:

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
--------------------------------------

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 10/20/02

Have ... WIN WE system.

I have upgraded the ASPI layer to version 4.7 using
an update from Adaptec

install a current, consistent copy such as Adaptec's
=====================

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------

From: Mike Richter
Date: 12/15/01

[...]

Mike Richter: CD-R FAQ has Significant Errors

=================================
From: "ned ludd"
Subject: Lead in and Lead out
Date: 5/28/02

"Mike Richter" (Friggin' Scum) wrote

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
based on my understanding.

An essential omission for this Subject is the role of
the leadout/runout in a reader.

A CD-ROM (or audio) drive needs the runout to read the session
at all.

Not in my experience.

An audio disc without a leadout ... will read in ANY player
up to the point where the data ends provided it was burned DAO.

Failed data discs burned DAO will behave similarly,
any complete files will be readable in any reader.
=================================

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old April 14th 04, 09:33 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

snip moaning

Stop that moaning sicko!

Did you get ecstatic seeing these Adrian's words, sicko?

ASPI Kills Win ME - Adrian Miller (Roxio)

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

the ASPI layer should not be installed in WinMe.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Date: 4/7/01

WinMe definitely should not use the ASPI layer.

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Roxio)
Subject: The Adaptec ASPI layer on Windows 2000 and Me
Date: 7/4/01

I have plenty of evidence to prove that installing
the Adaptec ASPI into Me can wind up killing the OS === KILL ===

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

he [Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.

(I have seen some of the reports Adrian has of disaster in WinMe
and would not trust it in that OS - if I trusted the OS at all. )

[Whatever happened to the report, Mikey?]

======================
From: William Leech -- Moderator of no less than advanced cdr list!
Date: 11/21/01

I've had to recover a W2K machine where ASPI had been used.
Likewise a WinMe machine.

The cause was definitely the ASPI layer.
======================

------------------------------
Wow! What a Sorry Collection!
------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Date: 4/7/01

Old April 15th 04, 08:18 AM
Martino

Totally true,
they don't read your e-mail and try to respond.
Anyhow, I'll try the older firmware.

Thx

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Martino typed:

This is interesting info. Thanks a lot guys.

Plextor support says that the issue might be related to not using
recommended media. I have been using TDK CD-R rated up to 48X.

I think that the issue is with burned versus CD Player compatibility
- as you are indicating.

Cheers.

That proves that: 1)either they don't have a clue what to do, or
2) the truth is what i said, but in this case
they won't admit it for all the money in the world.

Anyway, Plextor support is kinda slow, useless and of very low knowledge.
When once i asked about a problem - I have Premium and with 1.05 firmware

tried more than 10 different brands of CDR, but on NONE it burned faster
than 24-32x speed. And all this I CLEARLY WROTE TO THEM, that i tried

Sony,
Maxell, Taiyo Yuden, TDK etc...!!! - they responded "it's probably
incompatible media. Please try media, suggested at our web site for this
drive".
It's like they doesn't even READ your question...What a morons....
By the way, i solved my problem with installing earlier, ver. 1.04

firmware.

So, at the very end, maybe you could try with different firmware - you

know,
miracles do happen (although not to us, decent ones...)

Good luck!

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
mike destefano typed:

I have the same Plextor drive and have no problems with CDtext
showing up on either my panasonic dvd plyer or my car stereo JVC.

That's because you have different player. Like i said, five or 10
different burners or players, five or ten different behaviours. It's
just the matter of luck here. Obviously your player reads more CD
Text versions than Pioneer one.What can i say? Sorry...

Thanks
Mike
"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Martino typed:

Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I agree with you...(i hope you mean 3W, not me).
Two different CD burners, two different CD Text burned. It can
happen that one shows, other doesn't. It won't be the first time.
My friend has car palyer, which can show CD Text, but no matter
which burner it's used, CD Text is showed only if pressed CD is
inserted. So, i guess you're lucky to have it with first burner.
And there's not hing really that can be done here, except continue
to use old drive to burn Audio CD's.
Remember that CD Text is invented and owned by Sony, and as such
they require a fee. So, some companies re-create it a bit in order
to get free version of CD Text and so they don't need to pay to
Sony. It's same as mp3PRO - it never became popular (and it never
will) just because they require a fee, while mp3 (normal) is free.
It's becasue some of them are too greedy.
This is same reason why most pressed CD's still doesn't contain CD
Text. It's because they would have to pay license fee to Sony, and
so they rather omit it. CD's would then be even more expensive.
(even as they are, i don't buy any of them).
Note that Philips (as creator and owner of CD) still gets a license
fee of EVERY cd - pressed or blank...

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM