Lets get a class action lawsuit against ROXIO!!

Old February 16th 04, 05:51 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (cRoxio) is a LIAR
------------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

========================
From: "Mark Gillespie"
Subject: How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?
Date: 4/7/01

How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?

One to screw in the lightbulb, hundreds to clear up all the broken
glass, fix the crossed thread and re-wire the house.............

========================
From: "john.worley"
Date: 4/9/01

Hey if these Roxio people are that bad. How the hell am I going to
figure out how to work this bloody version 4.0 of EasyCDCREATOR. ****
oh ****. OH **** ****. it was part of the bloody system when I bought
the "puter" No Bloody manual no Bloody assistance No Bloody Answer to
any e-mails. **** and Friggin ****. Oh ********.
========================

How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?

Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1

( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
( from both Adrian Miller and Mike Richter. )

======================
From: smh
Subject: Easy CD 5 - What's All The Hub-Bub About?
Date: 4/2/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

I am having this investigated from both ends and will give
information when I have been informed of the results. Not before.

Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1 with their own
software?

It's been more than a month since it was reported by Joe Pyles.
I repeat: It's been more than a MONTH.

[It took only a few days for Joe Pyles and others to discover the bug.]

Tell me, how many cRoxio engineers does it take to screw in a light
bulb?

Do you think cRoxio will be able to come up with the determination
before the end of this year -- and dare list it as a known issue and
become the laughingstock of cdr community?

(cRoxio may also be cooking up something to blame the bug on Microsoft,
El Nino, or even God.)
======================

Old February 17th 04, 02:17 AM
No Where Man

Hey SFB - I've got the solution to all your problems - FDISK your computer
and:
a. Leave it that way
b. Install Linux

You'll understand Linux about as well as you understand CD burning
"smh" wrote in message
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[...]
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b

Old February 17th 04, 04:08 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (cRoxio) is a LIAR
------------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?
Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1
( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
( from both Adrian Miller and Mike Richter. )

Confirmed - cRoxio NOT KNEW how to burn Mode 1 with its Own Software!

From: smh
Subject: Confirmed - cRoxio NOT KNEW how to burn Mode 1
with its own software !!!
Date: 4/28/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1

The tests were done with discs supplied at my request from
Joe Pyles to both our QA Department

In "How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb?", I wondered whether
cRoxio knows how to burn in Mode 1:

"Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1
with their own software?"

Obviously, they must not.
Why else cRoxio needed cd's from Joe Pyles?

Joe reported the issue.

So he did. Did that prevent cRoxio from "trying" to burn one?

Joe knew how to reproduce it.

But cRoxio did not know how to reproduce it? Can't believe this. You
just confirmed that cRoxio did not know how.

Joe was the one known to have the problem, Sam Hong has reposted it
enough.

The bug was present in the November Beta. Imagine both in-house and
beta testings did not report the bug in all that time! Yet it took Joe
Pyles [and "coaster"] only a few DAYS to find the bug.

What a ****ty in-house testing.
What a ****ty beta testing.

Again, did that prevent cRoxio from "trying" to burn one?

Did my re-postings prevent cRoxio from "trying" to burn one?

I requested Joe supply some of his discs known to have the issue for
testing.

Again, can't believe this. cRoxio could not burn one!

After testing with Joe's discs we reproduced the issue internally on
discs of our own

Able to reproduce only "after"! You confirmed yet gain that cRoxio was
unable to reproduce -- burn -- the bug "before".

Old February 17th 04, 11:21 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

How many computers have died or lost everything after installing Roxio
6? I work for a hardware tech support company and we support this
lousy ass product. I cant count how many times that this software
either just doesnt work or has completely erased a partition or just
plain ol' crashed everything.

As a test, we did an image on an xp os and installed Nero. We checked
the number of registry entries and was around 400. We did the same
image with Roxio 6 installed and was over 54,000 registry entries.
HOLY FREAKIN COW!!

Try and get support from Roxio and you either get the run around or
just stupid fixes that never work. And they charge you 35$ which you
could spend towards a working product like Nero.

I say we get a class action lawsuit to get this garbage off the
market!

I have been using Roxio for over three years and have had absolutely no
trouble with it, or caused by it. Can someone tell me what I am doing
wrong?

-----------------------------------
Would You Know a Bug If It Bit You?
-----------------------------------

From: smh
Subject: Just say "no" to Deirdre Straughan and her bug-ridden
Date: 6/13/01 software...

Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill) spewed (6/11/01):

Doc_Holliday wrote:
KenJr wrote:
smh wrote:

The bugs of Ezcd 5 are not in the same class as those of other
softwares. Many of the Ezcd 5 bugs are not the kind of "bugs" as in:
"All softwares have bugs." They are functionally crippling ones

I've been using it since it was released and have yet to run into a
single bug. The program works flawlessly even at my drives top speed.

Just how can you believe anything this person says? Even Roxio knows
it has major bugs. Unless they have a magic copy it has bugs.

Probably new to burning and would not know a bug if it bite him.

Roxio doesn't say that it's bug-free, but neither does KenJr. He says he
has not encountered bugs and that he is satisfied with its performance.

That makes sense - unlike a suggestion that he's not credible.

He makes sense as much as the six blind men in the parable "The Blind
Men and the Elephant."

So far I've created audio CDs, a wedding slide show CD, many data CDs,
I've copied CDs, and more without crashing or creating coasters/"craft"
CDs for my wife. I'd be willing to bet that nearly everyone has had the
same experience.

Sure, as with any software, there will be users who experience problems.

One example:
---------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Cannot rename file with EZCD 5.01
Date: 4/19/01

It's a major bug, reported to Roxio by the beta team.
It had better be fixed soon.
---------------------

Do you see the word "major"? Does this bug affect only some users?

Of course it only affects some users. KenJr doesn't say that he
attempted multisession. Even on a multisession disc, the bug applies
only if an existing file is to be modified.

You sound like the bug does not even exist if one doesn't encounter the
bug. Do you know of any case where a bug applies even when the buggy
feature is not used? This has to be Mike Richter's wise words of the
month (or year)!

How about this?
---------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 5/15/01

My own recommendation was to
withhold release until all critical bugs were exterminated,
---------------------

Do you see the word "critical"?

Of course, if you had the courtesy to
quote the rest of the statement, you would show that the definition of
"critical" was the issue here - and that I would not impose my judgement
on Roxio.

Here is the whole sentence:

"My own recommendation was to withhold release
until all critical bugs were exterminated,

but I have no connection with the company other than
as a customer and a beta tester."

Does the above give any indication that the definition of "critical" was
at issue? The only issue, if you can call it that, is with the "number"
of critical bugs to be fixed before the release. And your
recommendation was "all." It had nothing to do with the definition of
critical.

The last half of the sentence says that you "could not" -- not "would
not" -- impose anything as indicated by your statement that you are just
a beta tester, nothing more. Are you now saying that you are more than
a beta tester with your rather grand statement that you "would not
impose" your judgement? Do you have such authority?

You brought in the definition of "critical" as an issue here, when there
is clearly no issue, to weasel out of the contradiction between your
statement above and Deirdre Straughan's statement that cRoxio would not
have released the POS had it known of the critical bugs. Your attempt
to weasel out of the contradiction is transparent and pathetic.

There's one bug in ECDC 5 which no one else seems to have noticed. It
bugs me a good deal and keeps me from using the program for some jobs
for which it would be well suited. If others used ECDC the way I do, it
would be critical to them. Since no one else has found it, what's
critical to me is irrelevant to others.

Aren't you proud of yourself for finding a bug users, the unwitting
guinea pigs, did not find yet! Aren't you not a beta tester? Isn't
finding bugs the job of beta testers? Are you now publicly confessing
that users are expected to beta test? Again, the definition of
"critical" was never an issue.

---------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 5/5/01

I readily acknowledge the bugs I have found in ECDC and the other
programs I use.

Guess, you only acknowledge them, but not disclose them as it's in
violation of your precious NDA and your precious words?

Update on Athlon 2600 Ghz discrepancy David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 7 August 27th 04 08:56 PM
HDD Class Action Lawsuit PawsForThought General 4 December 18th 03 10:19 PM
Help: Backup Exec 9.0 backup on to Plextor DVD+RW via Roxio Jeff Ishaq Cdr 0 October 22nd 03 06:39 PM
ROXIO problems Paul Cdr 5 August 1st 03 06:08 PM
I want to use Nero, not Roxio Greg Bailey Cdr 0 July 16th 03 03:05 PM