Reading Tracks from Multisession

Old June 22nd 03, 08:40 PM
Mike Richter

Default Reading Tracks from Multisession

MTB wrote:
It could only happen to me (at least that's the way it feels.

I have backed up a folder in My Documents 8 times onto a multisession
CDR, but when I want to read old copies of the same files, I have
found that I cannot access them, even though I have put them in
differently named folders (but same file names). Instead, I keep
being presented with the latest version of the file, and cannot
access the original.

What utility can I use to view the older versions?

Any help with this would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Without knowing *how* you backed them up and what sofware you have
available, one can only guess at solutions.

ISOBuster or CDR/DVD Diagnostic may be able to retrieve the older files.
With Nero, you may want to mount a previous session; with ECDC, you
should try Session Selector. With DCD, you should close the last session
to ISO 9660 Level 3 then try Session Selector; of course, you don't have
multisession with fixed-length packets, so those options (fortunately)
need not be pursued.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old June 23rd 03, 08:54 AM
Camper

"CHRIS 159" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
This has nothing to do with InCD.

i know - i did correct myself :-)

Nero has a 'multimounter' that installs as
a plug-in to Explorer with some operating systems (but not apparently
Windows XP - well not in the version of Nero I am running).

XP doesnt support packet writing but there is a new version of ahead incd
that works with it just incase you want to know

Packet writing has nothing to do with it. To make multiple sessions the Op
would have used a mastering program. If you read Graham's post again he is
not talking about packet writing.

Old June 23rd 03, 10:16 AM
meme

Can this same solution (with Multi Mounter) work for Win ME please?

TIA

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

The Nero Multi Mounter, available for Win 95/98 and Win NT4.0, allows

you
view ALL the sessions and to access ALL the files recorded on your
Multisession CD!

How to use the Nero Multi Mounter?

With Windows XP, you'll probably need something like ISO Buster
http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

Old June 24th 03, 12:45 PM
MTB

An update.

Sorry if I have left out important information.....

I burnt the sessions using Nero Express (which really leaves a lot to be
desired in terms of options for a multisession disc) onto a CDR. I have
started a new multisession disc with Nero Burning ROM, and have found that
you get the option to 'add new files' as opposed to 'replace files', and
this gives me the access to older files in previous session tracks that I
needed.

With the original CDR (made with Nero Express), ISO buster has been the only
tool I found that gave me access to those older files.

Moral of the story? Nero Express is great in principle, but leaves some
options out in the creation of a multisession disc, so use it cautiously, if
at all.

Many thanks for all your help with this, its nice to come into a newsgroup
and get sound advice and help without sardonic references to one's
ignorance.

MTB.

"MTB" wrote in message
It could only happen to me (at least that's the way it feels.

I have backed up a folder in My Documents 8 times onto a multisession CDR,
but when I want to read old copies of the same files, I have found that I
cannot access them, even though I have put them in differently named

folders
(but same file names). Instead, I keep being presented with the latest
version of the file, and cannot access the original.

What utility can I use to view the older versions?

Any help with this would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Question about transfer speeds between HDs, and DMA mode ZigZag Master Overclocking AMD Processors 25 July 25th 04 09:56 PM
PSU watts reading Frank General 27 May 15th 04 06:40 AM
Troubles with Nero 5.5.6.4 and Multisession Cd Roberto General 0 November 1st 03 09:08 PM
Again on temperatures: diode vs non diode reading ko Overclocking AMD Processors 4 September 14th 03 10:46 PM
sector not found reading drive c gbell Homebuilt PC's 2 September 7th 03 04:37 PM