Memorex DVD+R/RW 2.4X - Is it dead or alive ?

Old April 20th 04, 01:03 AM
gdatta

Default Memorex DVD+R/RW 2.4X - Is it dead or alive ?

I have a Memorex DVD+r/rw installed on my homebuilt athlon 1.4ghz
thunderbird with 384 meg ram and this is not overclocked !! I use a
version of nero that is memorex exclusive that came bundled with the
hardware. The device is hooked to the secondary IDE on the
motherboard and shares the secondary ide with a cd r/rw ( sony ) (
12x / 8x / 32x ). The os is win-xp and the drivers for the os have
via's updated drivers. The motherboard also has updated firmware (
asus 7V266 ) - ver 1008b.

Ok - here's my problem. Everything was fine for quite a while and
suddenly my dear dvd+r/rw is behaving strangely. Nero could not get
it to write anything. Uninstalled nero and cleaned out all the nero
muck in the registry and the unnero file in windows directory and
reinstalled nero. Now at least some interaction is seen betwen nero
and the drive. When I try to burn my home movies as dvd i get "power
caliberation failed" or "halfway through the write "invalid scsi id"
etc. I am driven to despair here. :roll: What is the problem and how
can I diagnose it.

Please help. - gdatta