Sony CD Extreme & Sony CRX700E? (G'bye Easy CD Creator)

Old January 3rd 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Sony CD Extreme & Sony CRX700E? (G'bye Easy CD Creator)

Hello,

I'm encountering eye-bulging muck-ups in critical data backups made
with Easy CD Creator 5 (such as missing files with no notification).
This is a serious crime for data backups, so I've pretty well decided
to try something less, er, astounding. After much reading, I've heard
that people have had good experience with Sony's CD Extreme. My CDR
reader/burner is a Sony CRX700E, which doesn't seem to show up on the
program's compatibility list. Neither does that model show up on a
search of Sony's website. Perhaps CRX700E is meant only for OEM e.g.
to Dell, for Inspiron 8000 laptop in which it resides. If anyone has
successfully or unsuccessfully used CD Extreme with the CRX700E, could
you please let me know via this thread? Thanks.

I use win2K with NTFS, in case that matters.

As an aside, I also use cygwin, and I notice that it has a cdrecord
command. I will explore that when I have a chance to install it
(which is when I next have access to highspeed). Any comments would
be appreciated.
Old January 3rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Dubious Dude wrote:

Hello,

I'm encountering eye-bulging muck-ups in critical data backups made
with Easy CD Creator 5 (such as missing files with no notification).
This is a serious crime for data backups, so I've pretty well decided
to try something less, er, astounding. After much reading, I've heard
that people have had good experience with Sony's CD Extreme. My CDR
reader/burner is a Sony CRX700E, which doesn't seem to show up on the
program's compatibility list. Neither does that model show up on a
search of Sony's website. Perhaps CRX700E is meant only for OEM e.g.
to Dell, for Inspiron 8000 laptop in which it resides. If anyone has
successfully or unsuccessfully used CD Extreme with the CRX700E, could
you please let me know via this thread? Thanks.

Discussion on RecordNow should apply to CD Extreme:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=102905
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=133

pxEngine390:
http://www.chrismyden.com/020828.php

I use win2K with NTFS, in case that matters.

As an aside, I also use cygwin, and I notice that it has a cdrecord
command. I will explore that when I have a chance to install it
(which is when I next have access to highspeed). Any comments would
be appreciated.

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/mkisofs.html
http://smithii.com/?q=node/view/9
'

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
( a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (winoncd/dvd)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old January 3rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Dubious Dude wrote:
[...]

Recording to CD and even DVD is problematic for many people. External
HDD and USB Flash Drives have become popular because they are easy to
use and there is no software required to make them work (just drag and
drop the files you want to move or copy).

--
Insert witty comment here.
Old January 3rd 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Dubious Dude wrote:
[...]

This is simply amazing. I thought I solved the problem by writing a 2nd
incremental session (which means the 1st session got imported). I then
wrote the files that got left out in the 1st session. They got put onto
the CD allright -- but large subtrees of files from the first session
were missing. I am simply unable to understand how this product can be
legally be represented as a functional piece of value. It has costed
an untold amount of time simply to root out where the differences are
between backup & the actual file system. Anyone who trustingly proceeded
as if the backup was made properly could get royally screwed when time
comes to fall back on it. The resulting damage can be much greater than
not having the product at all, since the user would then seek out other
forms of backup.
Old January 5th 06, 07:39 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr

.. -------------------------------------------

Dubious Dude wrote:

Dubious Dude wrote:
[...]

==========================
How Embarrassing for Roxio
==========================

=========================
From: Sonia
Date: 1/3/02
Subject: cannot read files after certain point on directory

Good News!

About 5000 of 20000 files were unreadable on the cd-rw written
by ECDC.

All of the same files were readable on the cd-rw written by
NTI CDMaker!!!

How embarrasing for Roxio.

Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software

easy cd and dvd creator 6 grahamk Homebuilt PC's 2 December 29th 03 07:07 AM
Problems with Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.0 John Doe Cdr 2 December 13th 03 02:00 AM
problem when using lg 4040b, dvd-r, easy cd & dvd creator, udf to backup files M Tan Cdr 1 October 22nd 03 04:49 AM
Easy CD Creator Question bb3 Cdr 3 August 29th 03 09:26 PM
Solution - Windows Media Player Disabled CD Burning in Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. Adrian Cdr 5 August 25th 03 11:52 PM