Far Cry

Old July 4th 05, 09:13 PM
theplectrum

Default Far Cry

Anyone having trouble running Far Cry with the latest nVidia Drivers ? I
can't get it to start up.

Cheers,
jerry

Old July 5th 05, 09:04 PM
Conor

In article , theplectrum says...
Anyone having trouble running Far Cry with the latest nVidia Drivers ? I
can't get it to start up.

DEfine latest. 71.89? 77.72? 80.22?

--
Conor

Old July 6th 05, 07:05 AM
theplectrum

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , theplectrum says...
Anyone having trouble running Far Cry with the latest nVidia Drivers ? I
can't get it to start up.

DEfine latest. 71.89? 77.72? 80.22?

--
Conor

77.72

I reinstalled the 71.89 drivers and the game works ok now.

Cheers,
jerry

Old July 6th 05, 07:32 AM
Big Bird

theplectrum wrote:
"Conor" wrote in message
t...

In article , theplectrum says...

Anyone having trouble running Far Cry with the latest nVidia Drivers ? I
can't get it to start up.

DEfine latest. 71.89? 77.72? 80.22?

--
Conor

77.72

I reinstalled the 71.89 drivers and the game works ok now.

Cheers,
jerry

77.72 are buggy as hell. MPG files showed with all the colour washed
out. I tried with 4 different players, all with the same result.
I rolled back to 71.89 and they played fine again.
Old July 19th 05, 03:36 AM
n5mj

"" wrote:
Anyone having trouble running Far Cry with the latest nVidia
Drivers ? I
can't get it to start up.

Cheers,
jerry

77.73 caused Far Cry to quit working too. Card is a 5700 LE in a
Athlon 64 3000 NF3 mobo with a gig of RAM.

Tried different video settings. Result always the same: got the
splash menu screen, a black screen, then the desktop. Log.txt showed
a #D rendered error, something about it was out of memory....

Went back to driver version 71.84. Far Cry worked fine, again.

Mike

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia...pict58441.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=299435