Primera Bravo Pro (63703) 100 disc dvd/cd publisher woes and PTBurn.Other units?

Old August 27th 08, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
markm75

Default Primera Bravo Pro (63703) 100 disc dvd/cd publisher woes and PTBurn.Other units?

I wanted to get this out there, for anyone considering this unit, as a
warning, or perhaps, someone would have already found a fix for this,
but even their tech support seems clueless on these issues:

We purchased this unit about 9 months ago, for the lovely price of
around $2500.. in the hopes of mass producing discs with ease... well
it has not been easy..

Frequently, the unit will stack 2 discs ontop of each other and stop
(thankfully it at least knows to stop at that point).. granted,
Primera's own knowledge base says to shuffle all 100 of your discs
prior to burning them to ensure they dont stick (lol)..

Then, frequently, as the job progresses, the exit bin (kiosk mode),
fails to receive its discs as they come down the "chute/ramp".. they
frequently end up laying on the ramp, not sliding. We've attempted to
compensate for this by propping the back up about 1/2", which has
worked ok most of the time.

Also.. this unit uses PTburn network software to burn.. PTBurn Server
goes on your XP box.. but wont run as a service, so forget about
multiple users on the same box, or at least logging off and on while
its going or it will kill the job.

When jobs are submitted via PTBurn Client, they will frequently just
decide to stop and take a vacation, complaining about rejected discs,
but no specifics on why. In fact, if you just view the status window,
it doesnt even say rejected a disc, it just says the job was stopped.
So the person must go into the cryptic log and try to figure out which
discs didnt get burnt or printed on.. and when they want to resume the
job, they cant, they must start a brand new one, but wait! They cant
even do this until they have whoever is logged onto the duplication XP
machine, delete the job from the queue from the actual machine.

I've sent countless emails to their techsupport trying to figure out
what the meaning of these rejected discs is.. but they never have a
real solution.. they just suggest.. oh.. you have 400mb of free
memory, perhaps you need to add more memory to the system (comon!).

Primera has come out with a new replacement software, called
PTPublisher.. who knows if it will be any better, but it may.. but
their support claims we must pay them another $499 for the software to
upgrade (ridiculous)!

If there is anyone out there that has experienced this, please chime
in, or if you've found some magic fix, this would be great.

Even better would be networkable alternative 50-100 disc solutions out
there that actually work/and/or can run as a service too...

Thanks
Old August 27th 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
markm75

I should also add, that the rejected discs were put back in the queue
and always burnt just fine, leading me to think this is a software
issue.