Cannot save WAV files under original file name w/ Nero

Old November 20th 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr, 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Kompu Kid

Default Cannot save WAV files under original file name w/ Nero

Hello all:

I've got Nero Wave Editor 2.0.0.37 as part of Nero 6 Ultra on my
laptop (Dell XP). After editing a WAV file recorded from my cassettes
with Soundtrax, I am not able to save it under the same file name.

It complains about a temporary file not being able to be produced,
that I should check the temp location, make sure that the original
file is not being used by another application, etc.

I changed the location of the temp file to a different folfer on my
desktop, it still would not work.

To add to my frustrations, I was able to save some MP3 files back to
the original files.

Any suggestioons?

Thanks!

Deguza
Old November 21st 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
[email protected]

Kompu Kid wrote:

Hello all:

I've got Nero Wave Editor 2.0.0.37 as part of Nero 6 Ultra on my
laptop (Dell XP). After editing a WAV file recorded from my cassettes
with Soundtrax, I am not able to save it under the same file name.

It complains about a temporary file not being able to be produced,
that I should check the temp location, make sure that the original
file is not being used by another application, etc.

I changed the location of the temp file to a different folfer on my
desktop, it still would not work.

To add to my frustrations, I was able to save some MP3 files back to
the original files.

Any suggestioons?

Reboot.

--

Dry ice bombs
http://www.strmz.com/Clip2382
Old November 21st 07, 07:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae
http://tinyurl.com/2qnvph
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a )
(LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels & misquotes!)
'

Kompu Kid wrote:

Hello all:

I've got Nero Wave Editor 2.0.0.37 as part of Nero 6 Ultra on my
laptop (Dell XP). After editing a WAV file recorded from my cassettes
with Soundtrax, I am not able to save it under the same file name.

It complains about a temporary file not being able to be produced,
that I should check the temp location, make sure that the original
file is not being used by another application, etc.

I changed the location of the temp file to a different folfer on my
desktop, it still would not work.

To add to my frustrations, I was able to save some MP3 files back to
the original files.

Any suggestioons?

Thanks!

Deguza

If [File, Save] does not save the original file, uninstall Nero with
CleanTool and then reinstall.
http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero...utilities.html

(Also clean out \Temp folder.)
Old November 22nd 07, 01:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
thanatoid

Kompu Kid wrote in

oups.com:

Hello all:

I've got Nero Wave Editor 2.0.0.37 as part of Nero 6 Ultra
on my laptop (Dell XP). After editing a WAV file recorded
from my cassettes with Soundtrax, I am not able to save it
under the same file name.

It complains about a temporary file not being able to be
produced, that I should check the temp location, make sure
that the original file is not being used by another
application, etc.

I changed the location of the temp file to a different
folfer on my desktop, it still would not work.

To add to my frustrations, I was able to save some MP3
files back to the original files.

Any suggestioons?

Thanks!

Deguza

Why use a gigantic piece of garbage when you can use several
small programs actually designed to *one* job *right* ?

For wave editing, there are hundreds of more and less
complicated programs, many of them free, Google.

For cd/dvd burning, I paid for, use, and recommend the program
from www.goldenhawk.com. It does the job faster and better than
any other burning software I've tried - and I've tried over 20.

The few weeks I used Nero are a very ugly memory of frustration
and amazement at how ANYONE capable of conceiving software to
begin with could write such an incredible piece of bloated crap.
It is a perfect example of a program which tries to do
everything and does nothing easily, quickly, or well. It may do
1 out of the 3 in some cases, but never 3 at the same time.

All that being said, when working on anything complicated - and
if you are "editing" wav's, unless all you are doing is trimming
the silence or something, then it will be complicated - I
usually ALWAYS save the file under the original name with an a,
b, c, etc. added until I KNOW it is perfect, not to mention it
is always a good idea to work with a copy to begin with - like
originalname_1.wav, etc.

When I am done, I just rename, save and delete the files -
according to the results obtained - in a real file manager
called Total Commander.
Old November 24th 07, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Dave Cohen

thanatoid wrote:
[...]

Interesting, but hardly an answer to his question.
Dave Cohen
Old February 21st 08, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,24hoursupport.helpdesk
ProfGene

Dave Cohen wrote:
thanatoid wrote:
[...]

Try saving it under a different name then going to the file highlight
it, right click and choose "rename," and give it whatever name you want.