"VCD or DVD authoring program that supports WMV files ???

Old February 27th 05, 08:44 PM
RichG

Default "VCD or DVD authoring program that supports WMV files ???

After getting some great help on this site, I bought the program --Plus!
Photo Story 2-- and, with a lot of time and messing about, created a slide
show, with music, etc.. It looked pretty darn good for my first effort, I
thought.

With the PPS(2) program, I was able to burn my first Video CD that worked
pretty well on my Sony DVD/CD player.

Then, I fell into the trap of "free upgrade to Photo Story 3" from MS. I
went and downloaded the "free upgrade" just fine. I had all of the necessary
validations, etc. All seemed well. The new program -PPS3- has some great
features that are not on -PPS2-...But.... When I burned a disk in the Video
CD format..it didn't work in the very same Sony player that had worked well
yesterday.

Some additional reading and I found the answer..

"PPS3 does NOT have the ability to directly produce a Video CD as did PPS2"

It follows with.....
"If you intend to save your story on your computer, and then create a Video
CD (VCD) or a DVD, in the Settings dialog box, select the profile that is
recommended for your VCD or DVD player. Then import the story into another
VCD or DVD authoring program that supports WMV files and burn the story onto
a CD or DVD."

Further...."Then import the story into a VCD or DVD authoring program that
supports WMV files and burn the story onto a CD or DVD... or use Movie Maker
to convert the story into a DV-AVI file for your authoring software. "

I guess I do not know if I have a "VCD AUTHORING PROGRAM that supports WMV
files " on my computer or not???? Could someone please share the names of
any that I might have, or list any that are reasonable in price... so... if
I have to buy something, I will at least know what I am looking for.

This is all Greek to this old grandpa...

Thanks a lot RichG TX
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Old February 28th 05, 05:45 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Just make a (S)VCD with Nero with the .wmv as the source.

Nero:
http://www.nero.com

How-To SVCD with Nero:
http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_svcd.php

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

.

Old March 1st 05, 12:27 AM
RichG

Thanks, I jumped over the Visual CD part and bought a Sony DVD/CD burner
today ( $119.00) that had Nero programs included ( $69.00) Seemed like a
reasonable $50.00 for a DVD burner (net difference in the two prices)! RG
--

. --------------------------------------

Old March 1st 05, 04:23 AM
smh

RichG wrote:

Thanks, I jumped over the Visual CD part and bought a Sony DVD/CD burner
today ( $119.00) that had Nero programs included ( $69.00) Seemed like a
reasonable $50.00 for a DVD burner (net difference in the two prices)! RG

Hope the package includes Nero VisionExpress which iss the DVD authoring
part and it supports .wmv.

"smh" wrote:

Just make a (S)VCD with Nero with the .wmv as the source.

How-To SVCD with Nero:
http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_svcd.php

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the following is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old March 1st 05, 12:55 PM
RichG

yesssss,,,! But thanks for the heads up.. RG