Recover lost files on previous session when burning a DVD using Roxio

Old October 5th 04, 09:53 AM
Martin C

Default Recover lost files on previous session when burning a DVD using Roxio

I am asking this question for a friend that lives in Spain. He used Roxio
(Titanium I think) to burn a second session to a DVD and is now unable to
retrieve the data that he burnt on the first session.

After some questioning, I rather think that he has burnt the second session
without having imported the first one, so when he looks at the disc, all he
can see is the data from the second session.

As I use Nero, I am not exactly sure what Roxio can or cannot do with regard
recovering the data from the first session.

Unfortunately, he has also finalised the disc on the second burn, so my
initial suggestion to try writing a third session and import the first one
(after extracting the second session that he CAN read) cannot be used.

Does any kind soul know how the data from the first session can be
retrieved? Preferably without expensive third party software.

Failing that, is there any software that can do what he wants

TIA

Martin

Old October 5th 04, 04:43 PM
Dave Cohen

Martin C wrote:
[...]

Yes, isobuster will do it. Free download and will work without
registration on a mastered cd.
Dave Cohen
Old October 5th 04, 06:11 PM
Mike Richter

Martin C wrote:

[...]

In my limited experience, multisession on ISO 9660 DVD-ROM is
unsupported, poorly supported or inconsistent in both writers and
software. I've not tried UDF for it, but in general recommend using CD
for multisession (where it is well defined and well implemented) and
reserving ISO 9660 DVD-ROM for single session (the only option offered
by Nero).

It's not clear whether ISOBuster will be able to penetrate the TOC if
the standard was not properly implemented, but it's worth a try at the
price (free). Depending on his OS, he may want to avoid installing an
ASPI layer; if he does use ASPI, make sure that it's complete and
consistent. (The Roxio software does not use ASPI.)

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old October 6th 04, 12:21 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Martin C wrote:

[...]

Try Session Selector in "Full" Easy Coaster Creator.

Or, try IsoBuster:
http://www.isobuster.com
Old October 6th 04, 04:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter (Roxio ****) splattered (10/5/04):

In my limited experience, multisession on ISO 9660 DVD-ROM is
unsupported, poorly supported or inconsistent in both writers and
software.

Have you found the standard, Mikey?

Mikey (9/8/04):

"I've not found any standard
for multisession DVD-ROM in ISO 9660 style."

Stop spreading misinformation, Slimy ****!

--------------------------
Wow! What a Friggin ****!
--------------------------

--------------------------------------

Old October 6th 04, 04:48 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Roxio ****) splattered (10/5/04):

In my limited experience, multisession on ISO 9660 DVD-ROM is
unsupported, poorly supported or inconsistent in both writers and
software.

Have you found documentation, Mikey?

Mikey (8/10/04):

"Documentation for this is still sparse or
missing altogether"

Have you found the standard, Mikey?

Mikey (9/8/04):

"I've not found any standard
for multisession DVD-ROM in ISO 9660 style."

I've not tried UDF for it, but in general recommend using CD
for multisession (where it is well defined and well implemented) and

reserving ISO 9660 DVD-ROM for single session
(the only option offered by Nero).

Stop spreading misinformation, Slimeball!

--------------------------
Wow! What a Friggin ****!
--------------------------

Old October 9th 04, 10:40 AM
Martin C

Thanks very much for the information guys. Unfortunately, I forgot to
mention one rather important detail..
His OS is not Windows, but for a MAC. By the look of it, Isobuster will only
work with the PC. Having said that, I think I will get it for myself though.

Does anyone know of software that will do it for a MAC?

TIA
Martin