"Unable to recover TOC" - when burning audio with Nero

Old July 15th 04, 11:10 PM
Neil

Default "Unable to recover TOC" - when burning audio with Nero

"Unable to recover TOC" - when burning audio with Nero

Any help / advice / solutions / feedback or suggestions would be very
much appreciated!...

I'm running Windows XP Pro (including Service Pack 1), on a Dell
SmartPC laptop fitted with an internal Toshiba CDRW/DVD SDR2102 drive.

I've downloaded numerous MP3's using both WinMX (version 3.53) and
Soulseek (version 152). All the files play fine and seem to be
non-protected and uncorrupted MP3's. I have converted them to WAV
files using Easy CD-CD Extracter (version 6.2.0 - Build 1). They seem
to have been converted ok and
play ok in Windows Media Player / Real Player etc.

The problem is when I come to burn the audio tracks using Nero
(version 6.3.1.17), it seems to burn the WAV files fine until the very
last minute when it is trying to finalise the CDR when the error
message "Unable to recover TOC" appears and the burn process fails
(complete Log file is available if anyone is interested). The CDR's
are being burnt a x4 speed, Disc-at-Once. I tried burning them one
track at a time, I have tried different batches of discs... you name
it - same result! This is a problem that has only started to occur
very recently and up until now I have experienced no problems at all
burning audio tracks to CDR. The bizarre thing is that when I have
tried to burn some older MP3's (ones that were not recently
downloaded) to disc they burn fine!... It just seems to affect these
new audio files.

Need some help as this is driving me mad and costing me a fortune in
blank discs! Anyone else having a similar problem?...

Thanks

Rob

Old July 16th 04, 11:25 AM
XPG

It seemed like a problem with your burner until you said that old files are
burnt without problem.

Why don't you try another burning software?
Feurio is the best for burning audio and it supports your drive:
http://www.feurio.com/

It will analyze the MP3 files and tell you if they're corrupt when you drop
them to the compilation.
Don't use Easy CD-CD Extractor to decode them. Let Feurio do that work.