What is the "orange forum embargo"?

Old August 10th 03, 04:06 AM
Nobody_of_Consequence

Default What is the "orange forum embargo"?

It probably means that this company did not pay Sony/Phillips
for proper licensing to manfacture cd-r/rw 's.

"Timur Tabi" wrote in message
om...
When I burn a cd using the cdrecord utility, I get a message like this:

Manufacturer: Moser Baer India Limited
Manufacturer is guessed because of the orange forum embargo.
The orange forum likes to get money for recent information.
The information for this media may not be correct.

What is the orange forum embargo?

Old August 10th 03, 05:24 AM
Mike Richter

Timur Tabi wrote:
When I burn a cd using the cdrecord utility, I get a message like this:

Manufacturer: Moser Baer India Limited
Manufacturer is guessed because of the orange forum embargo.
The orange forum likes to get money for recent information.
The information for this media may not be correct.

What is the orange forum embargo?

I believe it is the (relatively) recent changes to access to ATIP data.
The coding information used to be free of charge, but there is now a
licensing arrangement which is too costly for utilities to pay.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/