Aspi Drivers Problem in XP

Old June 23rd 03, 08:57 PM
MPA

Default Aspi Drivers Problem in XP

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:39:18 -0200, "Jan Áki Andreasen"
wrote:

Hi all,

My info: Windows XP Home sp1, Audio Catalyst CD ripper software.

My problem:
When I use my cd ripper software, it only copy songs in analog speed,
instead of Aspi speed.
That means, that I only can rippe the cd in real-time playing speed, and not
as my CD-ROM can do, 16 speeds.

I have downloaded aspi drivers 4.17 from Adaptech, and installed them. But I
still can't get my ripper to work faster.

How do I get XP to accept the aspi drivers?

Restarting windows usually but in case you have already done that:

The drivers you downloaded, 4.71 are not the most well behaved nor is
the adpatec installer that puts them there.

Using an earlier version of them being 4.60 is the simplest fix and
they should not have any issues.

You need to get Force ASPI
frcASPI17.zip
Extract all files inside frcASPI17.zip to an empty folder.
(choose to "Use Folder names" options in WinZip when extracting files)

Double click on the file called Killaspi.bat after files are extracted
to un-install the 4.71 drivers you installed.
(dont restart windows)
Then double click on the file called Instaspi.bat to install ASPI 4.60

Restart Windows.

Dave
http://birdcagesoft.com
Old June 23rd 03, 10:34 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------------------
Adaptec would replace their grandmas heart medicine
with sugar pills to make a $$$

"Jan Áki Andreasen" wrote:

My info: Windows XP Home sp1, Audio Catalyst CD ripper software.

My problem:
When I use my cd ripper software, it only copy songs in analog speed,
instead of Aspi speed.
That means, that I only can rippe the cd in real-time playing speed, and not
as my CD-ROM can do, 16 speeds.

I have downloaded aspi drivers 4.17 from Adaptech, and installed them. But I
still can't get my ripper to work faster.

How do I get XP to accept the aspi drivers?

Follow MPA procedure to install aspi 4.60. Get ForceASPI from he
http://aspi.radified.com/

But better watch out:

From: smh
Subject: ASPI Kills Win XP - Tim Kroesen's Expert
Date: 5/24/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook") wrote:

You want to use ASPI level 4.6...

ASPI on Win XP when ASPI kills it, Timmy? Isn't Adrian Miller one of
the so-called "experts", Timmy? Don't you believe even your so-called
expert, Timmy?

-----------------------
From: Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook")
Date: 6/24/02

"Stand Back' and watch that psychotic SMH chase yet more experts
away from this NG
-----------------------

Wise words from a Timmy's "expert":

ASPI Kills Win XP - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

There were NO reports of aspi killing win xp.
None, nada, zip, zilch!

Yet:
====================
From: smh
Subject: direct cd 5.02 or 5.02a and windows xp rc1
- ASPI "Kills" WinXP?
Date: 8/1/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

4.00 and 4.01 installed the Adaptec ASPI layer and
there have been quite a few reports in the XP beta groups
of that killing the OS.

Aspi "killing" WinXP? "Quite a few" reports?

how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller (cRoxio)?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash
====================

Old June 23rd 03, 10:54 PM
Tim Kroesen

Please note the *NEW* Abuse addy for SMH...

Be sure to mention this psychotic has been suspended from Usenet posting
many times; most recently from Giganews. As he may be just
circumventing abuse reports there, please continue to address them to
GIganews also until they state he is no longer a customer for TOS abuse.

;

Old June 24th 03, 02:19 AM
Dan G

This likely has nothing to do with ASPI, but with software. Try Nero's free
CDDAE ripper, or another. CDDAE is available at http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Audio ripping speed is determined by the drive itself, many are very bad at
it. The disc itself may also be to blame, especially if it happens to be
copy-protected in some way, or damaged. To find out if the disc is readable
at full speed, use CDSpeed and the "transfer rate" test and run the audio
CD. It'll give you a graph of the reading speed. Burners make pretty good
audio rippers, the Asus drive does it 52x, and can be had right now at
BestBuy as a Verbatim 52x24x for $20. (might also be a LiteOn).
BTW, ASPI 4.60 is definitely more stable than 4.71, and is the preferred
ASPI by most all burning enthusiasts. If you use the Nero tools, no system
ASPI is required at all.

"Jan Áki Andreasen" wrote in message
Hi all,

My info: Windows XP Home sp1, Audio Catalyst CD ripper software.

My problem:
When I use my cd ripper software, it only copy songs in analog speed,
instead of Aspi speed.
That means, that I only can rippe the cd in real-time playing speed, and

not
as my CD-ROM can do, 16 speeds.

I have downloaded aspi drivers 4.17 from Adaptech, and installed them. But

still can't get my ripper to work faster.

How do I get XP to accept the aspi drivers?

Greetings

Jan Áki Andreasen
Nuuk, Greenland

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 10:49 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
Just built new NF7-S system but problem with AGP card Paul Homebuilt PC's 6 September 19th 04 04:55 AM
Problem with Shuttle AN35 Chris Sandini AMD x86-64 Processors 1 July 12th 04 07:59 PM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM