LPFC and Powepath Errors

Old October 15th 07, 07:02 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Doknik

Default LPFC and Powepath Errors

All,

I am seeing these errors after a series of upgrades on our work
machine.After completing these software, firmware and driver upgrades and
rebooting i encountered the following errors.

We updated Veritas vxvm to version 4.1 , EMC powerpath to version 5.1 ,LPFC
firmware for emulux cards from 3.90a7 to 3.93.,gethbainfo ,HBAnyware

Upon reboot the machine complained of the following errors and now a format
command only shows the 2 internal disks only but not the EMC san disks

commands such as
powermt display.......... returns nothing
powercf check.......... says something along the lines of......no valid
config files found
powermt display dev=all shows nothing and sometimes it says Device(s) not
found

All storage gurus please come to our rescue
EMC cant help, Sun also says its an EMC problem ......we are stuck in the
middle

This a snipppet of the errors during a reboot.O

Can't find clone devinfo node
WARNING: lpfc0: Attach failu Unable to create LAN node
WARNING: Cannot create minor node for pci10df,f900 lpfc 1
Can't find clone devinfo node
WARNING: lpfc1: Attach failu Unable to create LAN
WARNING: forceload of drv/pci failed
WARNING: forceload of drv/emcp failed
WARNING: forceload of drv/scsi failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/emcpmpc failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/emcppn failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/emcpioc failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_trans failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_raid failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_hotspares failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_sp failed
Hardware watchdog enabled
Initialization error.
VxVM sysboot INFO V-5-2-3390 Starting restore daemon...
VxVM sysboot INFO V-5-2-3409 starting in boot mode...
Oct 13 20:42:08 vxvm:vxconfigd: V-5-1-8645 Error in claiming
/dev/rdsk/emcpower2c by NR list: I/O error
Oct 13 20:42:08 vxvm:vxconfigd: V-5-1-8645 Error in claiming
/dev/rdsk/emcpower0c by NR list: I/O error
Oct 13 20:42:08 vxvm:vxconfigd: V-5-1-8645 Error in claiming
/dev/rdsk/emcpower1c by NR list: I/O error
NOTICE: VxVM vxdmp V-5-0-34 added disk array DISKS, datype = Disk

EMC support think we have all the right configurations for our SAN to work
..We sent them output for emcgrab.sh

Help please anyone.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Old October 16th 07, 05:37 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

You didn't list the OS version you are using. Assuming it's is Solaris
10 did you also do any OS upgrades that might have re-enabled the
Leadville driver? What happens when you have HBAnyware scan the
cards? Can it see them? If not your firmware load might have failed
and fried your card? The forceload errors are normal and so are the
Veritas errors because the OS is not seeing the drives.