Emulex LP-9002L-E

Old August 22nd 06, 08:35 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
derek123

Default Emulex LP-9002L-E

Hello,

I consider to buy four refurbished Emulex LP9002L-E fibre channel host bus
adapters for my Lab servers (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Windows). The disk array
is IBM DS8100.
I would like to perform some failover and clustering tests:
1. Failover software such as pvlinks or Veritas DMP.
2. Cluster Server / High Availability Software such as HP ServiceGuard,
Veritas Foundation Suite/HA.

As far as I know the LP9002L with -E suffix has EMC firmware embedded.
The question is:

Is it necessary (and possible) to upload the original Emulex firmware to
those HBAs?
In case it is not possible, will I be able to connect my servers to IBM
DS8100 disk array using -E model, or should I consider another HBA ?

I will appreciate any suggestion.
Thanks in Advance

Darek
Old August 23rd 06, 06:39 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Derek,

You have to look at the interoperability matrix of the DS8100 at
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storag...0/interop.html
and at http://www.emulex.com/ts/docoem/ibm/index.htm for the firmware
and drivers.

I dont know anything about the -E but we are running AIX and Windows
hosts with LP9002L HBA's connected to a DS box.
Greetings.

Old September 1st 06, 09:47 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Bustoff

"derek123" wrote in message
newsp.teo91ig81ftvjk@dw-ff38ed6d1172...

[...]

The E just means that the HBA comes with EMC packaging and documentation.
EMC, HP, IBM do not make any changes to the electronics, you can download
the firmware and drivers directly from Emulex by navigating to the OEM page.
The driver software settings have been configured by the vendor. Not
familiar with Open Systems drivers but the Windows drivers have a modified
Setup file by the vendor which contain the settings for their product.