HP Deskjet 560C manual anyone?

Old March 26th 08, 08:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mark

Default HP Deskjet 560C manual anyone?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:22:28 GMT, Arthur Entlich
wrote:

The HP website claims that the manuals for their printers are
downloadable, but I cannot for the life of me find them. Maybe they
stopped proving them, or I just can't find them. Maybe Bob Headrick,
who is on this newsgroup, will know where they can be found.

Here is what I did find:

HP Deskjet 500 series printers
HP Deskjet 500, 500c, 520, 550c, and 560c series printers
Running a self-test
Press FONT and RESET, or LOAD EJECT while turning on the printer.
Running a clean test

1.
Turn the printer on.
2.
Press the CLEAN button.

Running an alignment test

1.
Turn the printer on.
2.
Press the ALIGNMENT TEST button.

If that doesn't work I found a troubleshooting page (which is supposed
to be for Win 95, 98, and ME) which still may have some useful
information. I would begin with the section that starts:

4.If the self-test page still does not print and the lights on the HP
Deskjet printer are flashing, refer to the printer’s manual or to the
printer’s Toolbox (on the main desktop screen of Windows) to diagnose
and correct the error indicated by the flashing light pattern. If the
error cannot be resolved, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in
the printer’s manual.

and then read forward from there.

the URL for this is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...rodu ct=60346

Lastly, the HP website has a link on most pages for "Contact HP Care" if
you can;t find what you need. You may want to ask them where the darn
manuals are on the website, since they keep on referring to them in the
troubleshooting sections. (If you find out, would you let me know?)

Thanks Arthur and Bob,

The self test seems to have cleared the original problem. The lights
no longer flash and the computer can communicate with the printer.

However the test page is completely blank so I assume that the ink
cartridges are empty.

The HP web site seems to contain "teasers" by having pages for the
printer but link the links all go to irrelevant or generic
instructions including stuff for USB printers!

Mark.

Old March 27th 08, 12:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

You're quite welcome, but I agree it would be nice if the HP website was
more organized. I also ran up against a lot of dead ends or non
relevant pages.

I find it interesting that they have that survey window popping up all
the time asking if you would be willing to participate in a survey, but
if you partake they don't really ask you about the problems with their
website and what needs to be fixed.

Art