Canon stops black and white printing because of empty color

Old February 27th 06, 02:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon stops black and white printing because of empty color

Hi,
My Canon MPC 600F stops printing color and in black- and-white because a
color ink tank is shown as empty though it is full. Before I got error
336 which support told me can only be treated through purchase of a new
printer head. However, after some intermittent printing and then non
printing for a week after this bad message from Canon the printer
resolved its problem. For a week everything went smooth again.
Now, I did not take care just hit the printer button and thus sent a
color print command which found the 'empry' jet ink tank and stopped
printing.
Is there any way top trick the printer out so that it prints in BW even
if one of the color ink tanks is "empty". Simple reset or opening &
closing the printer head & the ink tanks does ,not help

Thanks for some hepful ideas.

Cheers,
Frank
Old February 27th 06, 11:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

FTR wrote:
[...]

The printer needs ink in all of the tanks to cool the head and prevent
permanent damage, for this reason the printer will not allow printing if it
thinks any of the tanks are empty. There is no way to trick the printer that I
know of and I would not recommend it anyway for the reason above.
You need to fix the ink out problem by replacing the tank that is showing as
empty, if that does not work then there is a problem with the printers ink
sensors since this printer does not use chipped cartridges.
Tony