problem with monitor blacking out

Old August 9th 03, 11:51 PM
Some One

Default problem with monitor blacking out

Sounds like your video cable is loose. Three colour bars usually means
"No signal".

Disconnecting speakers without moving them away will do nothing. Any
decent PC speakers should have NO effect on a monitor anyhow. If you
pull the 6x9's out of your car, or use your stereo speakers, THAT
could cause a "rainbow" effect as it misaims the guns, but I don't see
it doing any other damage.

Sounds more like a cable problem. MIGHT be your video card as well.

"Rob" wrote in message
m...
I have a 17" Relysis TE786 monitor about 4 years old. A couple of
weeks ago it started blacking out. Seeminly randomly, the power

would
stay on, but the screen would just go black. It started happening
around the same time I got my new speakers. Someone suggested to me
that I had my speakers too close to the monitor, and the magnetic
fields from the speakers are causing the monitor to act strangly.

I've
since disconnected the speakers, and used the Degauss function on

the
monitor. That seemed to work, and my monitor was back to normal for

day.

When I turned the monitor on this morning, it made that humming

sound
followed by a clicking sound that it usually makes, but the picture

got was a white screen with three large coloured rectangles in the
center: red, green and blue. Now the monitor switches back and forth
between these coloured rectangles, and a black screen. Once in a

while
the proper picture will come on, but it doesn't stay very long. A

few
seconds at most, then it flashed back to black or the rectangles.

Each
time it switches between the various screens, it makes that hum and
click sound that it used to make when it started up.

Is my monitor fried? What's the problem, and can it be repaired?
Thanks,
Rob

AMD Problem Sean General 9 September 17th 03 01:20 AM
Startup/Shutdown Problem Girgath General 5 August 8th 03 05:45 AM
Still a problem! JOE BLOW General 2 July 16th 03 05:02 PM
Weird CD reading problem Devang Devani General 1 July 12th 03 03:09 AM
Advice on lockup problem grendel General 1 July 7th 03 05:39 AM