NX7000 DVD+RW (SONY DW-P50A) Problem in RW mode

Old January 23rd 04, 11:52 PM
Nikola Petanjko

Default NX7000 DVD+RW (SONY DW-P50A) Problem in RW mode

Hi,

I just receive my wonderfull HP Nx7000 706A (XP Pro)
with the DVD+RW drive witch is a SONY DW-P50A.

Every thing goes perfectly :

CD read
CD-R (burn OK)
CD-RW (RW OK)
DVD read
DVD+R (burn OK)

But it's impossible to Write or Format or Quick Erase (DVD+RW mode) ...
I'm using MEMOREX DVD+RW discs (4.7Gb 1x - 4x)
I have tested all these operations with
"Roxio Easy-creator 5"
"Nero 6"
"NTI CD & DVD Maker"
and via the XP standard way of course

On the web, at the HP site, I found some comments around problem close to
this one :

"HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Troubleshooting CD, CDRW, DVD and DVD+RW
Drives"

But I tried all the recommand and nothing happends.

I also found some messages on other forums from people telling that SONY
DVD+RW discs should work ...
I didn't yet try these kind of DVDs but for sure I will.

This SONY DVD+RW drive is n EOM onl delivred in Laptop like nx7000 or X1000
but not really officially supported by SONY ...
I can't expect any driver upgrade from SONY ... So I wish HP will do it !

PLEASE ... HELP ME !

Am I alone in this case ???

Best regards

Nikola Petanjko
(from Geneva - Switzerlaand)

P4P800 Primary IDE Channel device 1 transfer mode problem J Reinhart Asus Motherboards 2 March 9th 05 07:01 AM
comming out from sleep mode problem Jay General 5 December 14th 03 09:41 PM
DMA / PIO Mode problem - General 4 December 11th 03 12:02 AM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM
Adaptec AHA-2940AU Problem with Suspend Mode? Ronald Rey General 0 July 20th 03 07:58 PM