HELP: Radeon 9800 Pro AGP- Windows XP Error: Delayed Write Error

Old June 30th 03, 03:21 AM

Default HELP: Radeon 9800 Pro AGP- Windows XP Error: Delayed Write Error

After installing this card in a perfectly running PC each time I reboot I
get this error and can not go further.

What's the problem? Tried contacting ATI but there's no Support Board on
their site and no support personal outside their business hours. Should I
stick with NVIDIA cards??

Anyone with solution??

Thanks

Old June 30th 03, 03:40 AM
Adrian

Must be a motherboard/PSU/video driver related problem. I know someone with
a 9800 Pro and it works perfectly. I'd get one myself except I refuse to
pay $400 for a card that I run games on 20% of the time.

~ Adrian ~

Old June 30th 03, 12:32 PM

Everything was fine for 2 years with GeForce cards... It's an ATI BUG! (one
more) Just do this:

- select the Advanced Tab then the Settings button under Performance

- select the Advanced tab on the Performance options tab

- in the Memory Usage area, ensure the Programs radio button is selected

- Apply the changes and select OK

Amazing that ATI did not comment this... it's happening since the 7000
series if I recall.
Searched their web site for "delayed write" and found nothing.

Thanks!

"BoroLad" wrote in message
d.com...
In article ,
says...
Must be a motherboard/PSU/video driver related problem. I know someone

with
a 9800 Pro and it works perfectly. I'd get one myself except I refuse

pay $400 for a card that I run games on 20% of the time.

~ Adrian ~

More likely to be a low/high level software problem rather than a
hardware issue. The only two hardware issues would be the hard [brand
and model] drive and for example using a 40 wire instead of an 80 wire
cable on a modern drive.

It's more probable that its 'write cache enabled' in either (1) BIOS (2)
Registry (3) Windblows O/S. I'ts almost 0700 and I have to leave for
work so no time left, so do a search for the keywords "delayed write
error ati"

Hope this helps,

BoroLad

Old June 30th 03, 02:36 PM
bp

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:40:16 GMT, "Adrian" wrote:

Must be a motherboard/PSU/video driver related problem. I know someone with
a 9800 Pro and it works perfectly. I'd get one myself except I refuse to
pay $400 for a card that I run games on 20% of the time.

??

~ Adrian ~