gonu

Old January 9th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
gonu

Default gonu

i have intel 915 GEV
motherboard and when
i on power switch fan starts and light flashes of hdd and after few
seconds it stop flashing hdd light my monitor green light turn on and
remains on..
but it shows only white screen and my system doesnt boot.
my power strip,power supply,power connectors,monitor connector are
ok.after 4-5 attempts it boots. i dont
use video card i have inbuilt graphics accelerator.

Old January 9th 07, 06:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

gonu wrote:
i have intel 915 GEV
motherboard and when
i on power switch fan starts and light flashes of hdd and after few
seconds it stop flashing hdd light my monitor green light turn on and
remains on..
but it shows only white screen and my system doesnt boot.
my power strip,power supply,power connectors,monitor connector are
ok.after 4-5 attempts it boots. i dont
use video card i have inbuilt graphics accelerator.

Looks like you have a warmup fault. That would most likely be in
the motherboard if the rails do come up fine on the first attempt.
Might be an unusual effect with a power supply that doesnt put
up POWER GOOD until the later attempt that succeeds tho, thats
the grey wire in the ATX connector, measure that to check that.

Old January 9th 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

ok.after 4-5 attempts it boots.

That's a classic symptom of a bad power supply. -Dave