multiple monitors with Radeon 9200LE - please help

Old February 8th 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default multiple monitors with Radeon 9200LE - please help

I just bought a Radeon 9200LE off ebay - unfortunately i didn't realize
at the time of purchase that it didn't come with any documentation. But
the ad did say that it supports multiple monitors, which is the reason
i bought it. The PCI card has a VGA, an S-Video & RCA connectors, so i
got a VGA monitor splitter & hooked up my two monitors (one is a flat
panel, the other is a CRT).
In my display properties (win XP) I can see both monitors. In the
display drop down menu there's 2 monitors listed, they're both default
monitor on Radeon 9200 LE family, except that the second one is listed
as the secondary (SEC).
The problem I'm having is that both monitors are displaying the same
thing. The second monitor in the settings panel of display properties
has a dotted line around it, i've right clicked & attached it & clicked
the extend my windows desktop onto this monitor option, but it doesn't
stay attached & goes back to the dotted line after i apply the
settings.
I've looked up this video card on the ATI website as well as other
reviews of it, & from what i understand it can support 2 monitors.
since it doesn't have a DVI output i just imagined that both monitors
would be hooked up to the VGA out. -- i looked for an s-video to VGA
adapter, but i dont thing they exist..
What am i doing wrong?

Old February 8th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:
[...]

According to the Radeon 9200 manual on-line at ati.com:

The RADEON 9200 Series, depending on the
graphic card configuration, provides hardware
support for one VGA monitor and one flat panel
monitor, or two VGA monitors using a DVI-I-to-
VGA adapter*, or only one VGA monitor. It also
provides TV Output via a S-Video out connector.

It sounds like the card you got was one of the single VGA monitor
versions. While the graphics processor can support two monitors the
connectors were not installed on the card. I would return the card to
the seller and state that the card is Not what was advertised.

About Smartgart MaryL Ati Videocards 30 August 25th 05 04:57 AM
Radeon VE Killing Monitors? First of One Ati Videocards 2 May 8th 05 04:02 PM
using multiple monitors for gaming LSMAN General Hardware 2 September 3rd 04 02:42 AM
radeon 9200 can capture video from VCR? pengyou Ati Videocards 1 February 29th 04 02:10 AM
Looking for a videocard/CPU/misc. parts, any suggestions? Cyde Weys General 9 July 12th 03 12:14 AM