K8N Pro SLI NVRaid BIOS?

Old September 7th 05, 03:21 PM
Lucas Tam

Default K8N Pro SLI NVRaid BIOS?

Anyone know if Gigabyte has an updated NVRaid BIOS for the K8N Pro SLI?

For anyone who has tried using Nforce drivers 6.66... without the updated
drivers, the RAID functionality corrupts the hard drive right? Last night I
installed Windows XP w/ 6.66 ... and I noticed there was a 50% chance my
downloaded files would be corrupted...

--
Lucas Tam )

Newmarket Volvo Sucks! http://newmarketvolvo.tripod.com
Old September 7th 05, 06:43 PM
Richard Dower

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message
Anyone know if Gigabyte has an updated NVRaid BIOS for the K8N Pro SLI?

For anyone who has tried using Nforce drivers 6.66... without the updated
drivers, the RAID functionality corrupts the hard drive right? Last night
installed Windows XP w/ 6.66 ... and I noticed there was a 50% chance my
downloaded files would be corrupted...

They are working on it, i got F8d BETA bios for the GA-K8NXP-9 which
includes NVIDIA RAID IDE bios ROM version 4.84, dated April 26th 2005.

The new nForce drivers as seen he

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia%20nforce.htm

Work perfect, they are more recent then the nForce 6.66 package. Driver
files for 6.66 are dated May 17th 2005 and are driver version 5.10.2600.534.

These new drivers are WHQL certified, dated July 19th 2005 and are driver
version 5.10.2600.546, BUT....these are ONLY for SATA RAID, no IDE driver
files are included.

I made a floppy and installed fresh during F6 stage, everything is spot on.

I got more email corresponence from Gigabyte today as i reported back on my
observations using the BETA F8d bios.

So i am sure all nForce 4 chipsets will get updates soon, i am also hoping
the Sil3114 bios will also be updated.

Old September 7th 05, 06:54 PM
Richard Dower

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message
Anyone know if Gigabyte has an updated NVRaid BIOS for the K8N Pro SLI?

For anyone who has tried using Nforce drivers 6.66... without the updated
drivers, the RAID functionality corrupts the hard drive right? Last night
installed Windows XP w/ 6.66 ... and I noticed there was a 50% chance my
downloaded files would be corrupted...

They've added new options under "Intergrated Periperals", NV Serial ATA 1
has new options for "class code", 0101 is for drivers prior to 6.66 while
class code 0104 is for 6.66 and higher.

It's easy enough to understand and i have a stable system right now using
said option.

Old September 9th 05, 02:45 PM
Lucas Tam

"Richard Dower" wrote in
:

They've added new options under "Intergrated Periperals", NV Serial
ATA 1 has new options for "class code", 0101 is for drivers prior to
6.66 while class code 0104 is for 6.66 and higher.

In my K8N Pro SLI F4 Bios, there is no class code option...

Is the class code in the Windows driver or is it in the BIOS?

Old September 9th 05, 03:45 PM
Richard Dower

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message
"Richard Dower" wrote in
:

They've added new options under "Intergrated Periperals", NV Serial
ATA 1 has new options for "class code", 0101 is for drivers prior to
6.66 while class code 0104 is for 6.66 and higher.

In my K8N Pro SLI F4 Bios, there is no class code option...

Is the class code in the Windows driver or is it in the BIOS?

I'm using a different mobo to yours, i requested a BETA bios which has NV
RAID 4.84, without it you cannot use nForce 6.66 and higher.

Right now your bios has version 4.81, thus your current bios does not have
these new options. They will be added in upcoming bios updates for all
nForce 4 motherboards.

Class code is a new option added that will allow you to load the nesscary
SATA RAID driver files from a floppy during a fresh install of your OS at
the F6 stage. These options are within bios.