Citylink, the professionals, as always.

Old September 15th 05, 11:22 PM
Black Shuck

Default Citylink, the professionals, as always.

Bought myself a new laptop last week, a Sony Vaio FS-295XP (very nice, I
think). Anyway, it was delivered by Citylink (if I had known, I would
have ordered elsewhere), but at least it arrived on the scheduled day,
which is a good start.

Anyway, Saturday morning, in my part of the world, it was raining.
Doorbell rings, so I go downstairs to answer it, as I get close, I hear Mr
Citylink on the outside saying "****ing Hurry Up Will You"....

I was tempted to phone his HQ and complain, but I doubt they would give a
toss, so I thought better of it..

Anyone vendor who values their companues reputation, and believes that
some of their reputation also lies partially in the hands of their chosen
courier, take note...

Old September 16th 05, 09:01 AM
peter

Black Shuck wrote:

snip stuff slagging off CityLink

As has been pointed out on this group many times in the past, the
quality of service you get from CityLink depends very much on where you
live. For the record I have never had a problem with the service I get
from the Guildford depot. My stuff always arrives without any hassle,
none of this 'card left although you were in' or anything like that
that others complain about. I've had 3 - 4 deliveries per month from
them for the past 5 years, mostly from eBuyer, and when I have to go to
the depot to collect stuff they are always polite and efficient.

Old September 16th 05, 11:51 AM
RCT

Have to remember that it's not always the vendor's choice as a lot of goods,
especially VAIO FS295XPs are delivered direct from distribution, I should
know on that one ;-)

But, I will stand up for City Link as we use them and as Peter says it
depends where you live. We have used them without fault for 5yrs now, and
yes there have been mistakes and screw ups but they were always sorted and
the Glasgow depot of City Link are professionals all.

With every business there will be workers who don't show the same level of
service and politeness as the company would wish but they cannot be taken as
the standard of the company. Happens in business everywhere and though it
should not be tolerated it should also not be used to judge a company on the
whole.

If a problem is had with a courier, call your vendor and they will speak to
the courier and make sure it doesn't happen again, the vendor is the
customer of the courier.

There are worse couriers, I have experience of all and I'm very happy we use
City Link.

Thanks

Euan.
RCT

W - www.red-cloud.co.uk

"peter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 16th 05, 05:35 PM
Paul Hutchings

In article op.sw50fkjtmmxwtf@xpdesktop,
"Black Shuck" wrote:

Anyway, Saturday morning, in my part of the world, it was raining.
Doorbell rings, so I go downstairs to answer it, as I get close, I hear Mr
Citylink on the outside saying "****ing Hurry Up Will You"....

Well what would you say if you were stood outside someones house being
soaked :-)

Not being funny but if that happened to me (and it has) I'd take it as
nothing personal and just laugh it off.. I'd be more annoyed if they
didn't deliver when they said they would.

Paul

Old September 16th 05, 05:42 PM
Black Shuck

"Black Shuck" wrote:

Anyway, Saturday morning, in my part of the world, it was raining.
Doorbell rings, so I go downstairs to answer it, as I get close, I hear
Mr
Citylink on the outside saying "****ing Hurry Up Will You"....

Well what would you say if you were stood outside someones house being
soaked :-)

Not being funny but if that happened to me (and it has) I'd take it as
nothing personal and just laugh it off.. I'd be more annoyed if they
didn't deliver when they said they would.

Paul

I consider it very unprofessional, I was not upset or particularly
bothered, but it's typical Citylink...
Old September 17th 05, 08:38 AM
Trevor

"Black Shuck" wrote:

Anyway, Saturday morning, in my part of the world, it was raining.
Doorbell rings, so I go downstairs to answer it, as I get close, I
hear Mr
Citylink on the outside saying "****ing Hurry Up Will You"....

Well what would you say if you were stood outside someones house being
soaked :-)

Not being funny but if that happened to me (and it has) I'd take it as
nothing personal and just laugh it off.. I'd be more annoyed if they
didn't deliver when they said they would.

Paul

I consider it very unprofessional, I was not upset or particularly
bothered, but it's typical Citylink...

You must have been upset or you wouldn't have bothered to type up your
drivel in the first place. I don't see it as typical Citylink just
because some poor agency sod on minimum wage is stood outside your house
getting **** wet through, whilst you're inside fanny'ing about looking
for your keys to open the door. Now if he'd shouted it & banged on the
door then okay, but why didn't you tell him to mind his language.
Old September 17th 05, 10:24 AM
Conor

In article op.sw50fkjtmmxwtf@xpdesktop, Black Shuck says...
Bought myself a new laptop last week, a Sony Vaio FS-295XP (very nice, I
think). Anyway, it was delivered by Citylink (if I had known, I would
have ordered elsewhere), but at least it arrived on the scheduled day,
which is a good start.

Anyway, Saturday morning, in my part of the world, it was raining.
Doorbell rings, so I go downstairs to answer it, as I get close, I hear Mr
Citylink on the outside saying "****ing Hurry Up Will You"....

And?

I was tempted to phone his HQ and complain, but I doubt they would give a
toss, so I thought better of it..

Anyone vendor who values their companues reputation, and believes that
some of their reputation also lies partially in the hands of their chosen
courier, take note...

Get a ****ing life. The bloke has around 100 drops to do within 8
hours.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old September 17th 05, 10:25 AM
Conor

In article op.sw7fc4nammxwtf@xpdesktop, Black Shuck says...

I consider it very unprofessional, I was not upset or particularly
bothered, but it's typical Citylink...

How would you feel being held up 5 minutes knowing there was another
100 drops to do before 3pm?

Old September 17th 05, 10:43 AM
Black Shuck

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:25:24 +0100, Conor wrote:

In article op.sw7fc4nammxwtf@xpdesktop, Black Shuck says...

I consider it very unprofessional, I was not upset or particularly
bothered, but it's typical Citylink...

How would you feel being held up 5 minutes knowing there was another
100 drops to do before 3pm?

How would you feel, if I worked at a supermarket checkout and said to your
wife, "hurry up and get your purse out you dosy ****ing cow".

What's the difference?

(PS. I did not mention previously, the guy was not IN the rain, he was
under my outside porch over the front door, so was not getting soaked).