TV tuner with a GPU

Old March 24th 10, 07:35 PM
mivpl mivpl is offline
Junior Member

Default TV tuner with a GPU

I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner and install it while using a regular GPU?
Would it mess anything up? (BTW I have a 7800GT so switching to an ATi AIW isn't going to happen)
Old April 10th 10, 06:28 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
decklanstoddard

;897375']I was wondering if it would be posible to get a PCI TV tuner

--
mivpl

Yes,it is possible to installed the TV tuner in the regular GPU.I had
done into the Win98.It is very easy to installed.
Another I have a Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T PCI running with my 7600GT (AGP
version) and I've had no problems.

--
decklanstoddard
Old April 30th 10, 08:39 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
polardjohn

There are many reasons for choosing a combination HDTV Tuner and
Graphics Card. A single card alleviates much of the hassle when
searching for the right components, but that's not the only benefit by
far. With a single card, you won't spend as much, you'll be using less
power,

--
polardjohn

TV Tuner Help Arun Subramanian General 7 May 1st 07 11:27 PM
had WinMCE and TV tuner, but decided to rebuild the OS using WinXP Pro -- now I'd like to have an operating TV tuner again albert Ati Videocards 6 December 16th 06 03:37 PM
TV Tuner? Tim Braithwaite Matrox Videocards 4 August 5th 05 03:40 PM
ATI TV Tuner 8.8 John Ati Videocards 2 May 3rd 05 08:50 PM
TV Tuner Martin Racette General Hardware 1 February 18th 05 03:37 AM