A8V Deluxe BIOS 1012

Old June 2nd 05, 04:22 PM
BobT

Default A8V Deluxe BIOS 1012

New 1012 bios up as of 5/30. Has anyone tried it yet?
There is also a 1013 beta, but I'm a bit of leery bios betas.

Old June 2nd 05, 10:28 PM
Bob Davis

Here's the situation: I buy a P4C800-E Deluxe without a CPU, don't know the
bios version of the board, and buy a Prescott CPU separately (3.4ghz or
less).

The question: If the bios version is 1016 (minimum for Prescott is 1016),
will it POST and provide the opportunity to flash to a later bios?

Old June 3rd 05, 01:52 AM
Paul

In article %RKne.9192$%Z2.4157@lakeread08, "Bob Davis"
wrote:

Here's the situation: I buy a P4C800-E Deluxe without a CPU, don't know the
bios version of the board, and buy a Prescott CPU separately (3.4ghz or
less).

The question: If the bios version is 1016 (minimum for Prescott is 1016),
will it POST and provide the opportunity to flash to a later bios?

1016 was released Mar 2004, more than a year ago.

Since the Asus support page rarely mentions the consequences
of mixing old BIOS and new processors, in most cases there is
no way to predict what will happen.

In the worst case, $25 and a visit to badflash.com will fix it up.

Paul
Old June 3rd 05, 08:07 AM
Erik

Hey, im using the 1013 without any problems, 3800+ Venice at 255x11 = 2805
2x Raptor Raid 0 on south bridge and 1 200 gigg WD on the Promise
controller.
His X800Xt PE, Audigy 2 Winxp Pro works great here. (Used 1012 to without
any problems)

Erik
Norway

"BobT" skrev i melding
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:33:52 GMT, Old Bugger
wrote:

Never trust a beta BIOS.

Of course. I take it you have no experience with the 1012.

Old June 3rd 05, 11:33 PM
Old Bugger

Old June 4th 05, 02:51 AM
BobT