ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and Adaptec 2410sa boot issue

Old December 27th 03, 04:33 AM
Tim Perfetto

Default ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and Adaptec 2410sa boot issue

Just a message regarding a problem I just overcame:

I have the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard
Corsair PC3200 DDR RAM
Two Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10,000RPM HDs
Four Western Digital 120GB SATA HDs
Adaptec 2410sa SATA RAID Controller

It came down to this:

When I would start up the box, everything would post the way it
should. I had the two 36GB drives running on the on-board Intel ICH5
RAID controller (RAID1). I had the four 120GB drives on the Adaptec
2410 (RAID5). With the 2410 in any PCI slot, the system would throw
the error "Reboot and select proper boot device" after the 2410
posted. If I would disable the onboard RAID and install the OS to a
single drive, the system would boot with the 2410 installed.

I tried disabling the BIOS on the 2410 and etc etc. I was not trying
to boot from the 2410. I also updated the BIOS on the MB and the 2410.

Among other various attempts to fix this over a two week period.

What was wrong? My system in perticular will not boot unless you have
a mouse attached to its corrisponding PS/2 port. I was using a USB
mouse. If I would detach and boot the system with just a keyboard
attached (PS/2) no boot. If I boot the system with just a mouse
attached via PS/2, it boots. Attach a keyboard and it will still boot.

I just wanted to post incase anyone else has this issue. I have been
googleing for days without finding anything specific.

Have a good one.