how do I optimize an FX5600?

Old October 17th 03, 10:55 AM
John Constable

Default how do I optimize an FX5600?

I have an FX5600 (non ultra) and I'm a bit green about graphics settings.
Can anyone explain to me how to optimize for speed over quality? Assume I
know nothing....you'd probably be right.

TIA

Old October 17th 03, 05:52 PM
Derek Wildstar

"John Constable" wrote in message
I have an FX5600 (non ultra) and I'm a bit green about graphics settings.
Can anyone explain to me how to optimize for speed over quality? Assume I
know nothing....you'd probably be right.

TIA

First, find the application you want to optimize for, then find out how your
card is expected to perform in that running application (i.e. reviews,
benchmarks), then you look at the whole of your PC componentry and determine
what stanine (Top of it's class, middle of the road, obsolete...) it's in.
Based on that info, are clues to what adjustments you make to ImageQuality
(IQ) to get your application running as best as it can.

At this point in your discovery, any more info would make your head implode.
Just remember, you don't optimize the card, you adjust the global settings
for rendering in the card drivers, based on the application you are going to
run and the way you are going to run it on the stuffs you are running it on.
Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Old October 18th 03, 11:36 PM
Somewhere up north

Derek Wildstar wrote:
[...]

In other words you have no clues on what you are talking about but
insist on showing it to the world.

Brilliant.

It's getting cold up there...