Speedfan Tip

Old October 23rd 08, 12:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT[_5_]

Default Speedfan Tip

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab, you can
press configure to see the details of where all the measurements come from.
We all know this, but here's my tip... In this configure page, you can
select a label and press F2 to rename it. The new name then appears on the
Readings tab, making the page much more intuitive!

Old October 26th 08, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_3_]

"GT" wrote:

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab, you
can press configure to see the details of where all the measurements
come from. We all know this, but here's my tip... In this configure
page, you can select a label and press F2 to rename it. The new name
then appears on the Readings tab, making the page much more
intuitive!

Wow! Press F2 huh? And all this time I was just right-clicking it to
re-name.
--
Shaun.

Old October 27th 08, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT[_4_]

"~misfit~" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab, you
can press configure to see the details of where all the measurements
come from. We all know this, but here's my tip... In this configure
page, you can select a label and press F2 to rename it. The new name
then appears on the Readings tab, making the page much more
intuitive!

Wow! Press F2 huh? And all this time I was just right-clicking it to
re-name.

Don't know how you managed that - there is no right click menu in speedfan!!

Old October 28th 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_3_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "GT" typed:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab,
you can press configure to see the details of where all the
measurements come from. We all know this, but here's my tip... In
this configure page, you can select a label and press F2 to rename
it. The new name then appears on the Readings tab, making the page
much more intuitive!

Wow! Press F2 huh? And all this time I was just right-clicking it to
re-name.

Don't know how you managed that - there is no right click menu in
speedfan!!

When you're on the "Temperatures" tab click the name itself twice with the
left button with a half-second pause between the clicks, then once with the
right button. It'll then show up on a blue background and be editable!! g

Ver 4.35.
--
Shaun.

Old October 28th 08, 01:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT[_5_]

"~misfit~" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:

A tip for everyone using Speedfan. On the main ("Readings") tab,
you can press configure to see the details of where all the
measurements come from. We all know this, but here's my tip... In
this configure page, you can select a label and press F2 to rename
it. The new name then appears on the Readings tab, making the page
much more intuitive!

Wow! Press F2 huh? And all this time I was just right-clicking it to
re-name.

Don't know how you managed that - there is no right click menu in
speedfan!!

When you're on the "Temperatures" tab click the name itself twice with the
left button with a half-second pause between the clicks, then once with
the right button. It'll then show up on a blue background and be
editable!! g

Double selecting (not double clicking) like this is a shortcut to the same
method as F2! But there is no right click. Same effect.

Old October 28th 08, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_3_]

"~misfit~" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:

[...]

Hmm, yeah, I see. It's just slow to 'select' (even with a fast C2D running
XP) and the first time I tried it I right-clicked after and assumed that was
what allowed the renaming function.
--
Shaun.

Is Speedfan accurate? KlausK Overclocking 3 January 26th 08 07:46 AM
Probe v1 vs. v2 + Speedfan (A8N-E) StainlessSteelRat Asus Motherboards 4 August 23rd 06 12:41 AM
SpeedFan 22ivan22 General 1 July 31st 06 07:32 PM
A8N-SLI deluxe and speedfan Pascal Perrot Asus Motherboards 0 June 22nd 06 11:04 PM
MBM 5 or Speedfan? Gazorp Overclocking AMD Processors 3 August 21st 05 09:46 AM