Aria RMA's How long?

Old December 16th 03, 11:14 AM
TribalKev

Default Aria RMA's How long?

Anyone know how long Aria take to deal with RMA's?
I returned a sony CDRW/DVD combo to them last week and was wondering how
long it might be away?

Cheers Kev

Old December 16th 03, 01:16 PM
Rob Martin

"TribalKev" wrote in message
Anyone know how long Aria take to deal with RMA's?
I returned a sony CDRW/DVD combo to them last week and was wondering how
long it might be away?

Cheers Kev

A bit longer than normal given the time of year :-(

Let me have your RMA number so I can have a look for you.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Aria Technology Ltd
http://www.aria.co.uk

Old December 16th 03, 04:56 PM
TribalKev

"Rob Martin" wrote in message

"TribalKev" wrote in message
Anyone know how long Aria take to deal with RMA's?
I returned a sony CDRW/DVD combo to them last week and was wondering how
long it might be away?

Cheers Kev

A bit longer than normal given the time of year :-(

Let me have your RMA number so I can have a look for you.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Aria Technology Ltd
http://www.aria.co.uk

RMA Number 5457

Cheers Kev

Old December 16th 03, 05:14 PM
Rob Martin

"TribalKev" wrote in message

"Rob Martin" wrote in message

"TribalKev" wrote in message
Anyone know how long Aria take to deal with RMA's?
I returned a sony CDRW/DVD combo to them last week and was wondering

how
long it might be away?

Cheers Kev

A bit longer than normal given the time of year :-(

Let me have your RMA number so I can have a look for you.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Aria Technology Ltd
http://www.aria.co.uk

RMA Number 5457

Cheers Kev

emailed.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Aria Technology Ltd
http://www.aria.co.uk

Old December 16th 03, 08:03 PM
Matt

A bit longer than normal given the time of year :-(

Let me have your RMA number so I can have a look for you.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Aria Technology Ltd
http://www.aria.co.uk

I'm just about to send off my new Globalwin SAF 420 PSU with it's casing
that's live and gave me a series of electric shocks for RMA to Aria.

Is really annoying, though clearly not Aria's fault, that I'm going to be
without a PC for a while because of this. No chance of a 'You send me a new
one, charge me, then refund me when you verify this one is faulty' is there?
Gateway used to do this on their parts replacement service I remember a
while back . . .

Also makes a bit of a mockery of those Quality Assurance stickers pasted on
the side of the PSU . . . Oh well.

Cheers,

Matt Snowdon

Old December 16th 03, 10:32 PM
Lister

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Maxtor do it aswell.. you get an RMA # fill in the details then select the
buy option you then get a new drive within a couple of days , once they test
ya faulty one and see that it is faulty, they refund your c/c including the
postage..
The last drive I returned to them was a faulty 80GB. So as needed quick I
purchased a replacement when it arrived it was a brand new 120GB- 3 days
later got an e-mail from them to say money refunded.. Wow what a service,
maybe a few other company's could take a leaf out of maxtors book..

Old December 16th 03, 11:21 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Matt" wrote:

I'm just about to send off my new Globalwin SAF 420 PSU with it's casing
that's live and gave me a series of electric shocks for RMA to Aria.

Is really annoying, though clearly not Aria's fault, that I'm going to be
without a PC for a while because of this. No chance of a 'You send me a new
one, charge me, then refund me when you verify this one is faulty' is there?
Gateway used to do this on their parts replacement service I remember a
while back . . .

If it's newish (delivery in the last week or so) you're quite within
your rights to reject the item and demand a refund.

At least that way there's nothing stopping you ordering a replacement
in the meantime, even the same model from the same supplier.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 17th 03, 09:05 AM
Easynews

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

If you bought it within the last 30 days then you will have no problem with
doing as you suggest.

Cheers,

RobD
Aria Technology

Old December 17th 03, 01:34 PM
Matt

Sadly I bought it 12th November, but had it sent to my parents address as I
knew there'd be someone there to accept delivery. I only got round to
collecting it last weekend (as the rest of the parts I required had arrived)
and testing it this Sunday. So annoyingly I'm just out of the 30 day window
.. . . Teach me for trying to take advantage of 'Deal if the Day' offers and
ordering prematurely.

Matt

Old December 20th 03, 07:13 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Matt" wrote:

Sadly I bought it 12th November, but had it sent to my parents address as I
knew there'd be someone there to accept delivery. I only got round to
collecting it last weekend (as the rest of the parts I required had arrived)
and testing it this Sunday. So annoyingly I'm just out of the 30 day window
. . . Teach me for trying to take advantage of 'Deal if the Day' offers and
ordering prematurely.

Depending on your circumstances and the reason for your being unable
to try the item until recently, you might still able to reject the
item and claim a refund.

Sale of Goods Act specifies you have a "reasonable" time before which
you are assumed to have accepted the goods (and thus are no longer
entitled to a refund). This is normally considered to be a week from
delivery but this period can be extended if you are able to
demonstrate you were unable or it was impractical to examine the goods
immediately. This is particularly relevant at this time of year, as
many items are purchased as Christmas gifts so it can be argued that
this period of examination and acceptance commences from 25th
December, irrespective of when goods were purchased.

Of course, you might struggle to make this stick if you delayed
collection until last weekend was simply because you couldn't be
a**sed to pick it up. ;-)

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]