PB laptop VX 3700

Old July 21st 03, 06:52 PM
David Barton

Default PB laptop VX 3700

I have been given a PB laptop Easy Note VX 3700 to sort out the DVD drive.
The drive is I believe a Toshiba SD-C2302. It will read DVD's but not CD's.

The help I would like is:-
(1) How do I get into it? I have located 6 screws on the rear and 2 more
hidden under the battery, but the case still seems to be secured at about
the mid point on each side. As the computer is not mine I need to return it
in one piece so only want to use the minimum of brute force!!!

(2) What make and model DVD's can I use as replacement? I would guess
I could use any Toshiba SD-Cxxx2.

(3) As a real longshot can anyone advise if it is possible to replace the CD
pickup as the rest of the drive appears to be sound. (It still reads DVD's)

Old July 21st 03, 07:24 PM
Elector

"David Barton" wrote in message
I have been given a PB laptop Easy Note VX 3700 to sort out the DVD drive.
The drive is I believe a Toshiba SD-C2302. It will read DVD's but not

CD's.

The help I would like is:-
(1) How do I get into it? I have located 6 screws on the rear and 2 more
hidden under the battery, but the case still seems to be secured at about
the mid point on each side. As the computer is not mine I need to return

it
in one piece so only want to use the minimum of brute force!!!

(2) What make and model DVD's can I use as replacement? I would guess
I could use any Toshiba SD-Cxxx2.

(3) As a real longshot can anyone advise if it is possible to replace the

CD
pickup as the rest of the drive appears to be sound. (It still reads

DVD's)

Hi David:

Not sure what operating system your using but it may be as simple as
reloading the drivers for the DVD/CD ROM drive.
I don't know if this is accurate but when a CD/DVD is a combo system, one
normally does not actually work without the other.

I would try reloading the drivers for the DVD/CD Rom first, then if that
does not work I would try reloading the Windows Operating system over its
self. Many times that corrects the mishap.

Laptops are very picky machines and much damage can be caused by trying to
open them let alone fix them. I have seen friends use a drive called the
Bantam Backpack for their laptops. I don't know if they make internal ones
but the make external devices. Many times if you don't want to replace the
internal models your friend could benefit from the external versions.

I also believe that Notebook CD's & DVD Roms are smaller than regular
desktop systems. I am sure Ben Myers can give you a better run down since he
owns his own computer company.

I hope that helped?

Elector

A S-Video connection fried both my laptop and TV! Help needed! [email protected] General 2 March 2nd 05 06:31 PM
Gaming Laptop Quaoar Homebuilt PC's 0 July 20th 04 03:06 PM
External monitor on laptop with GeForce4 440 Go Richard Hayden Nvidia Videocards 0 December 19th 03 09:29 PM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 1 July 12th 03 09:38 PM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 0 July 12th 03 05:11 PM