Compaq without Keyboard

Old October 10th 03, 09:03 AM
Ulrich Koch

Default Compaq without Keyboard

Hello !
I have an old Compaq Computer, is there any BIOS Setup to run this Computer
without a Keyboard ???
I find nothing in the BIOS and when i started the Computer it will halt and
say Keyboard Error...

Thanks for a answer !!!
Ulrich Koch

Ps: Sorry for my English .. I am from Germany ...
Old October 10th 03, 09:16 AM
European

Which "old computer" do you have? Model?

I have never seen a computer which boots without keyboard btw..

Old October 10th 03, 09:58 AM
Ulrich Koch

European wrote:

Which "old computer" do you have? Model?

I have never seen a computer which boots without keyboard btw..

It was a Compaq Presario 4/25
In other Computers there is a Option: Halt on NO Errors, but in a Compaq i
will never find this. I need this because the Compaq will work as a Router.
Okay it work's when a keyboard is connected - but it must work without a
keyboard ..
Ulrich Koch
Old October 10th 03, 10:49 AM
Heiner Hass

Ulrich Koch schrieb:

It was a Compaq Presario 4/25
In other Computers there is a Option: Halt on NO Errors, but in a Compaq i
will never find this. I need this because the Compaq will work as a Router.
Okay it work's when a keyboard is connected - but it must work without a
keyboard ..

wenn es nicht anders geht: vielleicht kannst du ja aus einer alten
Tastatur einen Tastatur-Dummy basteln, d.h. nur die (meist recht kleine)
Elektronik-Platine anschließen.

Gruß Heiner
Old October 10th 03, 03:25 PM
Shelton Childs

Mr. Koch

I never did this with a Compaq, but on other older machines we had some
"Dummy Loads", that made the machine think that the appropriate peripheral
input/output devices were connected (KVM). I don't know where the came
from, there were just several sets in use at the shop I used to work at. We
used them on machines that might get rebooted locally/remotely, but really
didn't need any operator intervention beyond the power switch. We also used
them where we didn't want the client fiddling with the system or where space
was an issue. They work fine and on any and all of the machines we had back
then. Perhaps some one here might be able to add some more details about
them and where you might be able to get them.

BTW you share a fine name with my great grandmother, Emma Koch. Nice to
be able to offer a little help to family, no matter how distant.

Old October 11th 03, 10:59 AM
Tom Scales

Probably not. From my experience, servers sometimes offer this option, but
desktops rarely do. The Compaqs are not usually that flexible.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq 1200xl keyboard replacement NTL World Compaq Computers 6 August 21st 03 12:17 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 1st 03 09:24 PM