Nero Burning ROM 6608a broken?

Old April 13th 05, 07:51 PM
Miles Ahead

Default Nero Burning ROM 6608a broken?

So far as I can tell the last version of Nero Burning ROM that's
stable is 6603. I tried updating to 6606 and every time I dropped
a video file from explorer to the compilation I got "Protection Error
127" and when I click OK the program goes away. Now I try to update
to version 6608a and when I drop an mpg file on an SVCD compilation
from explorer, it gives no error msg. It just closes(maybe 1/3 of the
time.) So far VCD seems to work normally.

Is anyone else getting these fatal errors with Nero Burning ROM
6608a??

Looks like I have to UnUpdate back to 6603 yet again!

Old April 14th 05, 12:24 AM
Miles Ahead

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:35:47 +1200, CSE
wrote:

Do you have the Nero SVCD codec installed..?

I expect it is because when I tried to drag an avi
file onto an SVCD compliation it made this humungeous
mpg file that wouldn't fit on the disk. I always encode
to SVCD manually with TMPGEnc Plus and drop the
mpeg 2 file on Nero. It works fine in 6603.

Plus it accepted the mpg 2 file a couple of times
without crapping out. If it was something that
just wasn't there it would fail every time.

Old April 14th 05, 05:02 AM
Miles Ahead

wrote:

Do you have the Nero SVCD codec installed..?

Just as an update(no pun intended) I tried updating to Nero 6608a
again and rebooted right afterward thinking that might reload any
registry settings. No help. It went back to getting the "protection
error 127" every time i dropped a video file on it. Oh well. I guess
I'll stick with 6603 until Nero 7.x comes out. It seems to work best
out of all the Nero 5.x and 6.x I've tried.

Burning a Bootable CD with Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition [email protected] Storage (alternative) 9 February 8th 05 06:10 PM
Extra folders burning audio+data CDR with Nero Express Mike Richter Cdr 3 January 9th 05 07:57 AM
Nero 6 actual burning speed BobS Cdr 4 January 27th 04 10:44 PM
Nero 6 actual burning speed BobS Cdr 0 January 27th 04 11:53 AM
Invalid page fault using Nero Cover Designer (Nero Burning Rom 6) jack Cdr 0 November 3rd 03 09:05 PM