Please help - Exact Audio Copy can't detect my CD drives

Old April 14th 05, 08:58 AM
Lee

Default Please help - Exact Audio Copy can't detect my CD drives

I've been using Exact Audio Copy (Version 0.95) exclusively for ripping
CD's to the hard-drive of my PC for a couple years or so now without
any significant problems - until yesterday. Yesterday I began ripping
a CD-R to my PC's hard-drive as usual, then left it unattended for a
few minutes. Upon returning, I discovered that it had reached a
certain point beyond which no more progress was being made. Having no
idea what was wrong, I cancelled the unsuccessful operation. Right
after that, I discovered that Exact Audio Copy wasn't detecting either
of the CD drives on my PC at all. So I went to the configuration
wizard, and tried re-configuring Exact Audio Copy on my PC, but
discovered that it still wasn't detecting any CD drive(s) on my PC. So
now I have no idea what to do. Any efforts to help me with this
problem will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Old April 14th 05, 12:15 PM
wayfarrer

You may have a corrupt or missing aspi file.

There are free utilities to check to aspi layer.

See this page for more info:
http://aspi.radified.com/

oups.com...

Old April 15th 05, 06:56 PM
dgk

On 14 Apr 2005 00:58:45 -0700, "Lee" wrote:

I've been using Exact Audio Copy (Version 0.95) exclusively for ripping
CD's to the hard-drive of my PC for a couple years or so now without
any significant problems - until yesterday. Yesterday I began ripping
a CD-R to my PC's hard-drive as usual, then left it unattended for a
few minutes. Upon returning, I discovered that it had reached a
certain point beyond which no more progress was being made. Having no
idea what was wrong, I cancelled the unsuccessful operation. Right
after that, I discovered that Exact Audio Copy wasn't detecting either
of the CD drives on my PC at all. So I went to the configuration
wizard, and tried re-configuring Exact Audio Copy on my PC, but
discovered that it still wasn't detecting any CD drive(s) on my PC. So
now I have no idea what to do. Any efforts to help me with this
problem will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Under EAC options, look at the Interface tab and try Native32. I don't
know why it would have changed but maybe windows hiccupped. I had to
jiggle this once.
Old April 16th 05, 08:21 AM
Lee

dgk wrote -

Under EAC options, look at the Interface tab and try Native32. I

don't
know why it would have changed but maybe windows hiccupped. I had to
jiggle this once.

Yes - that turned out to be it, exactly. Wasn't expecting it to be so
simple. Thanks very much.

Defective Media Center Edition 2005 cd from Dell.. Can anyone help? allegro Dell Computers 5 March 14th 05 01:03 PM
P4PE - Problem audio, no sound - plus de son sous W98 et Xp PL Asus Motherboards 0 August 24th 04 10:56 PM
Redbook Larry B Cdr 2 May 28th 04 12:14 AM
My system seems to "recover" with great frequency Louise Homebuilt PC's 3 May 17th 04 06:02 AM