Veo Observer behind Firewall

Old November 1st 03, 04:38 PM
David Pinero

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:59:01 -0600, Lothar wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate your attempt to answer my question. I guess I'll
have to contact the manufacturer. Do you have one of these webcams up
and running somewhere? I'd like to see how good the image is, how it
works etc.

Actually, here's a trick that might answer your question.

Most of these network cameras use a standard client web page to either
present or act as a gateway to the actual video stream. On these
client pages are common phrases which you can do a search for via
Google. For example, Veo's client page uses the phrase "Welcome to
the Veo Observer Web Client." If you punch that phrase into Google,
your search results will light up a dozen or so Veo network cameras
running on the web. Some operators welcome guests by allowing you to
use GUEST as a username and as a password. Not all, but some.

If you're thinking about a Veo you might also consider the Panasonic
KX-HCM series which seems to be an "up and coming" player in this
whole network cam market. It allows for Pan and Tilt, streaming AND
FTPing. As with the technique I explain above you can expose online
examples by using a Google signature search of "Welcome to Panasonic
IP Technology".

Here's at least one for you:

http://svr7.hometech.com/Top

The product website is at:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...te/cameras.asp

Dave
Old November 1st 03, 04:58 PM
Giorgio Ungarelli

"David Pinero" wrote in message
news

If you're thinking about a Veo you might also consider the Panasonic
KX-HCM series which seems to be an "up and coming" player in this
whole network cam market. It allows for Pan and Tilt, streaming AND
FTPing. As with the technique I explain above you can expose online
examples by using a Google signature search of "Welcome to Panasonic
IP Technology".

Here's at least one for you:

http://svr7.hometech.com/Top

The product website is at:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...te/cameras.asp

Dave

All these Panasonic cams are MUCH more expensive than the Veo, but they do
have more features.
I guess it all depends on your budget and the features you're looking for.

Giorgio

Old November 14th 03, 05:47 PM
MS

I would stay away from the Panasonic camera. Their video products are quite poor.
Old December 29th 03, 05:41 PM
Marke DB Johnston

"Lothar" wrote in message
Can you access a single frame image from veo observer? i.e. something
like http://yourip:1601/image.jpg

I can't.
Does this work for anyone? is that the correct name?
It would be great and useful if I could grab frames this way