night vision with LED's

Old July 27th 06, 12:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
the_slay_er

Default night vision with LED's

In ,
dribbled from a puss filled
blister enraged mouth:
On 26-Jul-2006, "Tony Sutton" wrote:

Do you know anything more about it?

Doesn't sound enforceable if only you can see the area
covered, who is to know what angle of vision of
the camera has?
It would take a complaint, and some evidence off your
hard drive. Mind you if you had a bloody great zoom
lens pointing into your attractive neighbour over the
roads bedroom, then this might give you away.
Still you and your mates could all enjoy a Skype
hookup while it lasted.

not too sure of the law,,, but its well known i have cctv overlooking my
"grounds",, anyone that might complain about whether the cams can see beyond
my property have a right to do so,, but it wouldnt change where my cameras
are loking as i would argue the view is mainly of my own property,, either
way the cctv footage i used was overlooking next doors garden as well as
mine,, but the frames i grabbed were full face and not much of any gartden
could be seen.

next door is living a georgous 18 yr old... and she regularly waves at the
cameras lol..

guess the privacy thing isnt too important to some.as long as it makes them
feel safe.

ill look into the laws tho to see if im breaking any.. but i do have quite a
few cctv camera notices dotted around.. im known as a mad professor type in
my estate so they expect nothing less than bizzarre from me, but who else
would fix their pcs and do them dvd copies if it wasnt for me?,, so
complianing isnt something i worry about..

regards slayer

Old July 27th 06, 07:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Tony Sutton

"the_slay_er" wrote in message

not too sure of the law,,, but its well known i have cctv overlooking my
"grounds",, anyone that might complain about whether the cams can see
beyond my property have a right to do so,, but it wouldnt change where my
cameras are loking as i would argue the view is mainly of my own
property,, either way the cctv footage i used was overlooking next doors
garden as well as mine,, but the frames i grabbed were full face and not
much of any gartden could be seen.

Might be a good read

http://www.nfh.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7707

http://www.nfh.org.uk/resources/Articles/cctv/index.php

http://www.nfh.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=60

--
- Tony Sutton
- http://www.fordst170.co.uk

Old July 27th 06, 10:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
kim

the_slay_er wrote:
In ,
kim dribbled from a puss filled blister enraged
mouth:
the_slay_er wrote:
snip

hi..take a look at my cctv setup using webcamxp

http://82.27.65.180:8080/

both left cameras are dome cams with 15 leds per cam... the top left
is the best for quality the bottom left leds are going dull and dont
give out hardly any light! thats cheap cameras for you...!

i say i use webcamxp but thats just to upload the desktop image. the
cams are shown using pico 2000 software with a dvr card...

webcam leds are never going to be the best option to grab as much
light from nothing... but a good start.

the rule is buy a decent camera,, get a decent image... buy crap get
crap.. regards

slayer

Ignore my last comment..Just didn't seem to like Firefox...worked in
IE :-)

im impresed kim... sounds like you like to "play" with this cctv stuff
too......

mine paid for itself only last night..it records on motion detection and
after i got up i noticed some damage on a rear window,, after checking the
cctv footage found a young fool had tried breaking in. got a loveley image
of his face as he looked directly into the camera to see what the faint red
glow was that the led's were giving off. (thats their only downside). he
must have noticed my usually placid staffy waiting for him to stick a limb
through the window, as he stopped trying to force entry and ran off fairly
quickly.

the police now have him in custoday and he cant argue with a print out of
his face from my cctv as evidence...
it seems my computers are not only usefull to me lol !!

i have the cctv software set up to send an email alert when it captures
motion and it also begins to record to a network drive... also it has the
option of sending a text message to my mobile ... i think ill start using
all the opotions it gives... as the cctv didnt deter this guy from trying to
break in,i assume a slightly higher profile of cams is needed.

id rather the cctv stopped em and didnt just record them in the act.

best burglar deterrent? my staffy and his huge jaws....
best burglar catcher? full face image looking directly into camera...

as yet i havent built my own bank of led's as i use the ones supplied with
the camera, but i might have a go when i get some bits for the job... i once
had a rope light that had multi coloured lights around my front door one
xmas. watching the cams showed that this rope light was giving off infrared
light just like the leds do... lit up the whole garden too the led's on the
rope light were dim to human eyes but the cams picked up the invisible light
no problem.
only thing is they are not designed for 24 hour usage and quickly burned
out.

im always interested to hear about other peoples cctv and how they set it up
and how they use it....

so kim when you coming round to help me build the led banks?

regards slayer

Yep..right do like to 'play' with cctv. Probably a hang over from the
days when I used to install them along with security alarms.
Nice story. Good to see that a 'hobby' system has paid for itself.
I will dig out the cct diagram of the led system, scan it and post it on
the web. I will give the address here when I do it.
As for 'coming around to help build' the led banks. Afraid you missed be
by a about 6 weeks. My wife and I were just over in the UK in May & June
for a holiday! But if you want to pay my return airfare...( via
Singapore preferably as we didn't like hong Kong Airport! :-) ), I can
quickly pack a bag and a soldering iron!!!!!! :-)