Streaming Using Windows Media Technologies Via IP address

Old January 28th 06, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta.encoder,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta.server,alt.comp.periphs.webcam

Default Streaming Using Windows Media Technologies Via IP address

Hi everyone:

Noël® wrote:
Actually your calculous is off. 140 x 2 = 280 (NOT 380 as indicated
above). Just a minor correction.

Sorry about that error .. I'm sure I typed 280 :-)

Ohh...No problem *LOL!*

Anyway.. I've had a look at your stream, and it does looks really nice! Well
done!

Thanks.

Now if I could just as easily get all the flying nut pieces that were
supposed to land in my mouth (if not the bowl I was using for the
shells) out my keybaord.... *LOL!*

Cheers

Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado
Old February 16th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam

Default Streaming Using Windows Media Technologies Via IP addres

Hi Pat Cook & Noël,
I have been reading the online forum about the
streaming webcam you setup. I too have followed the exact same
proceedure described by yourselves and have come unstuck at the very
last hurdle. I was wondering if you guy's can offer some assistance.
I installed the Windows Media Encoder (WME), followed the PDF exactly
and can get my webcam running through the WME, I am running it on port
8888 which is port forwarded, and my firewall allows WME to use that
port by allowing exceptions to occur. When I try typing in
mms://127.0.0.1:8888 whilst the encoder is working, I get windows
media player automatically come up and start playing the webcam
stream (a little delayed, but beggers can't be choosers). I have
also added the exact code as mention into my website (html file),
however when I try to retrieve my website, I get the player window in
my webpage saying 'connecting to media' for a while, then simply say's
'ready' but it wont play anything. I've tried right clicking and
pressing 'play' but the same thing just happens. Please help.

I should also mention that I have a dynamic IP, my workaround for that
is to use a DNS from www.no-ip.com for both my Apache Server and the
Windows Media Encoder, these automatically are redirected to the
correct ports.

Kind Regards
Sash (Melbourne, Australia)