USB MS Card Reader/W2K/P2b-F

Old January 23rd 04, 02:15 AM
BobMarley

Default USB MS Card Reader/W2K/P2b-F

I have a P2B-F i just gave to my wife after upgrading to my
P4C800-Deluxe.

I put W2K Pro on the system, and attached the PNY card reader for the
Sony camera. On boot, it looks for the driver for USB MS Card Reader.
It can't find it anywhere. I even got the W2K cd.. not there.
The PNY website says there are no drivers to download, that W2K
supports the reader out of the box...

anyone know what to do?

Old January 23rd 04, 03:37 AM
daytripper

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:15:15 GMT, BobMarley
wrote:

I have a P2B-F i just gave to my wife after upgrading to my
P4C800-Deluxe.

I put W2K Pro on the system, and attached the PNY card reader for the
Sony camera. On boot, it looks for the driver for USB MS Card Reader.
It can't find it anywhere. I even got the W2K cd.. not there.
The PNY website says there are no drivers to download, that W2K
supports the reader out of the box...

anyone know what to do?

What Service Pack are you up to with the Win2K installation?

/daytripper
Old January 23rd 04, 03:38 AM
BobMarley

W2K Pro, SP4
all hotfixes applied

Old January 23rd 04, 03:55 AM
daytripper

wrote:

I have a P2B-F i just gave to my wife after upgrading to my
P4C800-Deluxe.

I put W2K Pro on the system, and attached the PNY card reader for the
Sony camera. On boot, it looks for the driver for USB MS Card Reader.
It can't find it anywhere. I even got the W2K cd.. not there.
The PNY website says there are no drivers to download, that W2K
supports the reader out of the box...

anyone know what to do?

What Service Pack are you up to with the Win2K installation?

/daytripper

W2K Pro, SP4
all hotfixes applied

Well, hell, it ought to work then. My no-name card reader "got found" and
drivers installed automagically when I was still running Win2K Pro - and I
think I was only up to SP2 at that time.

Nothing out of sorts in Device Manager for your root ports?

/daytripper
Old January 23rd 04, 04:28 AM
BobMarley

nope, not a thing
it just won't find the driver

Old January 24th 04, 12:55 AM
P2B

BobMarley wrote:

nope, not a thing
it just won't find the driver

Does it behave any differently if you plug in the USB device after
booting the system?

I have a P2B-S system running W2K Pro that doesn't see my Nikon camera
if it's connected at boot, but works fine if I plug it in later - so I
haven't bothered with troubleshooting.

Old January 25th 04, 01:11 AM
BobMarley

Problem fixed.
Email from PNY said W2K would recognize it, but if not, just use the
Win98 drivers. So I downloaded and installed them, and now it works.
There's NO way it would have worked w/o those drivers. Simply
impossible. I am running W2K SP4.. they're just not on there.

wrote:

I have a P2B-F i just gave to my wife after upgrading to my
P4C800-Deluxe.

I put W2K Pro on the system, and attached the PNY card reader for the
Sony camera. On boot, it looks for the driver for USB MS Card Reader.
It can't find it anywhere. I even got the W2K cd.. not there.
The PNY website says there are no drivers to download, that W2K
supports the reader out of the box...

anyone know what to do?

TV Capture Card PCI card prevents BIOS Phill Edwards General 3 October 17th 04 03:30 AM
PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
I can't get my dazzle card (FAST Dazzle dv.now-AV V1.4) to work? Alistair Smythe Homebuilt PC's 1 June 18th 04 12:19 PM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Add PCI card gives 1 Long 2 Short Beeps Jane Tweedynn General 5 October 6th 03 01:15 AM