InCD/DLA CDRW packet writing compatibility

Old December 12th 03, 04:40 AM
Silence Seeker

Default InCD/DLA CDRW packet writing compatibility

Hi,
I have one computer with Nero InCD installed (as part of the entire
Nero suite).

I have another computer with HP DLA installed. Due to licensing
issues, I cannot install Nero InCD on that other computer.

I want to transfer files back and forth between these computers using
CDRW (they cannot be networked together). I actually tried that and
both have no problem reading each other's CDRW, but if I try to
add/delete a file that was written using the *other* system, I get an
error message that explains that this cannot be done. InCD has no
problem adding/deleting files that it wrote to a CDRW. DLA has no such
problem either.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

I am thinking about installing DLA in the computer that currently has
InCD, but I am concerned about incompatibility with Nero. I would
rather have only one packet writing software installed.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Sam
Old December 12th 03, 05:06 AM
John

"Silence Seeker" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I use DLA with Nero, no problem.

Another option is use Nero to erase the disk, and burn files to it.
Not quite as handy as packet writing, but it works.

John

Old December 24th 03, 12:23 AM
Silence Seeker

"John" wrote in message ...
[...]

John, thanks for you answer. I tried installing DLA (version 3.1)
after disabling InCD (through the
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] key in the
registry), but DLA "smartly" halts installation, claiming that it
found Nero software already installed.

How did you get yours to co-exist (or at least pass that installation
stage)?

Thanks,
Sam
Old December 24th 03, 12:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Silence Seeker wrote:
"John" wrote...
"Silence Seeker" wrote...

[...]

Uninstall InCD thru Add/Remove, then run InCD clean tool:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html
Old December 24th 03, 12:51 AM
Silence Seeker

"John" wrote in message ...
I use DLA with Nero, no problem.

Well, I managed to uninstall InCD (using Add/Remove programs), but
even after rebooting the PC (making sure that no residual InCD is
running...), DLA still refuses to install. It pops up the following
message:

------- quote -------
Setup has detected the following incompatible softwa

Nero - Burning Rom.

It must be uninstalled before continuing.
Would you like to uninstall this now?

[Yes] [No]

------ end quote ------

So, could you please tell me how you managed to make Nero and DLA
coexist on the same computer?

Thanks,
Sam
Old January 2nd 04, 08:28 PM
Silence Seeker

(TommyDale) wrote in message . com...
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631938356212815.html

Thank you very much for the link. I downloaded it, ran it (reported
successful cleaning), but... DLA setup program keeps halting the
installation with the error message:

------- quote -------
Setup has detected the following incompatible softwa

Nero - Burning Rom.

It must be uninstalled before continuing.
Would you like to uninstall this now?

[Yes] [No]

------ end quote ------

Any idea how to proceed from here?

Judging by various posts, it is clear that DLA and Nero can co-exist.
The only question is: HOW?

Thanks,
Sam
Old January 7th 04, 12:55 PM
Silence Seeker

Walter Epp wrote in message . ..
Why not have separate disks for each direction, so each disk is only
written on one machine and only read on the other?

Excellent idea. John's idea of using Nero to erase the disk, and burn
files to it (i.e. use the CDRW as a re-writable CDR) is also very good
and I am currently using it for lack of the ability to use both DLA
and Nero (not InCD, I uninstalled it and cleaned all traces of it) on
the same PC.

However, I am still curious to know why at least two posters said that
I can install DLA while Nero is installed, when my experience suggests
otherwise. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sam