Best low cost Small Form Factor BareBone PC, Shuttle?

Old June 2nd 04, 11:13 AM
Arawak

Default Best low cost Small Form Factor BareBone PC, Shuttle?

Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
BareBone PC, Shuttle?
Thanks
Arawak
Old June 2nd 04, 02:40 PM
Dick Sidbury

Arawak wrote:
Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
BareBone PC, Shuttle?
Thanks
Arawak

We have several shuttles at the office and most everyone is really
pleased. I'm planning to build a Soltek system. It's dimensions are
approximately one inch taller and one inch wider than the Shuttle and
about 2 inches deeper. But this extra space gives me room for TWO 5.25"
bays and 2 3.5" bays.

dick

Old June 2nd 04, 09:35 PM
John McGaw

"Arawak" wrote in message
Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
BareBone PC, Shuttle?
Thanks
Arawak

The last computer I built was based on the Shuttle SB65G2 but I don't know
that I'd call it "low cost". By the time you buy an 8X DVD burner, 160gB
hard drive, 3gHz P4, at least 512mB of memory, and a reasonable video card
(Asus 9600XT in my case), and a front panel flash reader you are probably
creeping past the "low cost" point. A Dell or Gateway would certainly be
cheaper. But overall the computer does work very well, is relatively quiet,
and takes up very little space. Oh yeah, Shuttle was including a wireless
network module with the case when I bought mine but since I have a wired
network it doesn't do me a lot of good.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Biostar small form factor Eddy General 1 November 16th 04 04:20 PM
Site for SFF (Small Form Factor) information ***JB General 1 October 6th 04 07:11 PM
Small form factor (SFF) AMD64 recommendations Yug3sh AMD x86-64 Processors 0 July 14th 04 07:42 AM
Which is Best Inexpensive small form factor case & motherbord or barebone? (Shuttle-type) Arawak Overclocking AMD Processors 1 March 8th 04 02:28 AM
Any small form factor computer enthusiasts here? Biostar [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 14 January 16th 04 07:06 PM