converting VRO to MPG or VIDEO_TS

Old July 30th 08, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Eric Gisin

Default converting VRO to MPG or VIDEO_TS

I spent hours figuring out how to do this with free software, so I'll share it.

Many DVD recorders and some cameras record to DVD-R/W in DVD-VR format. This creates a VRO file
containing MPEG-2, much like a VOB. You might play it with mplayerc, but renaming it to VOB may not
work with other stuff.

Looking for software to convert it mainly leads to AVS Video software, but there is a free
alternative: http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html .

MPEG Streamclip is based on QuickTime, and will convert VRO to MPG or split into A/V stream files.
The latter can be converted to a VIDEO_TS folder for burning with IFOedit. (you don't need Apple
MPEG-2 to do above, just for preview or conversion).

Old July 30th 08, 07:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Ken Maltby

"Eric Gisin" wrote in message
unications...
I spent hours figuring out how to do this with free software, so I'll share
it.

Many DVD recorders and some cameras record to DVD-R/W in DVD-VR format.
This creates a VRO file containing MPEG-2, much like a VOB. You might play
it with mplayerc, but renaming it to VOB may not work with other stuff.

Looking for software to convert it mainly leads to AVS Video software, but
there is a free alternative:
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html .

MPEG Streamclip is based on QuickTime, and will convert VRO to MPG or
split into A/V stream files. The latter can be converted to a VIDEO_TS
folder for burning with IFOedit. (you don't need Apple MPEG-2 to do above,
just for preview or conversion).

I much prefer www.VideoReDo.com Not free, but well
worth the price.

Luck;
Ken

Old July 30th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Mike Richter

Eric Gisin wrote:
I spent hours figuring out how to do this with free software, so I'll
share it.

Many DVD recorders and some cameras record to DVD-R/W in DVD-VR format.
This creates a VRO file containing MPEG-2, much like a VOB. You might
play it with mplayerc, but renaming it to VOB may not work with other
stuff.

Looking for software to convert it mainly leads to AVS Video software,
but there is a free alternative:
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html .

MPEG Streamclip is based on QuickTime, and will convert VRO to MPG or
split into A/V stream files. The latter can be converted to a VIDEO_TS
folder for burning with IFOedit. (you don't need Apple MPEG-2 to do
above, just for preview or conversion).

I've not encountered a VRO file, so I cannot say whether SuperC will
convert it. But in general it will do almost any audio or video file to
almost any other. It is not simple to use, but once mastered it behaves
very well. (I have found that it is more reliable, though slower, in
converting to XviD instead of DivX.)

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old July 31st 08, 09:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Tony[_3_]

If you use a dvd recorder to record on a DVD-RAM disc then you'll get a VRO
file. If you put the disc in the dvdrom that reads DVD-RAM in the computer
you can see it.

Mike Richter wrote:

Eric Gisin wrote:
[...]

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

2 years ago I showed him that one ludicrious (sp? I don't care)
thing he posted was complete nonsence

the realm of understandability

Old July 31st 08, 10:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Ilya Zakharevich

Eric Gisin
], who wrote in article unications:
I spent hours figuring out how to do this with free software, so I'll share it.

Many DVD recorders and some cameras record to DVD-R/W in DVD-VR format. This creates a VRO file
containing MPEG-2, much like a VOB. You might play it with mplayerc, but renaming it to VOB may not
work with other stuff.

??? If mplayer plays it, the "matching" mencoder would convert to
whatever you want.

Hope this helps,
Ilya
Old August 3rd 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Mike Richter

Tony wrote:
If you use a dvd recorder to record on a DVD-RAM disc then you'll get a VRO
file. If you put the disc in the dvdrom that reads DVD-RAM in the computer
you can see it.

On my Panasonic with HD, that file appears to be a continuous data
stream - essential information such as titles is buried in the stream.
I've found nothing to do with that file but transfer it back to the HD
to edit for DVD-Video.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old August 3rd 08, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Ken Maltby

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
Tony wrote:
If you use a dvd recorder to record on a DVD-RAM disc then you'll get a
VRO
file. If you put the disc in the dvdrom that reads DVD-RAM in the
computer
you can see it.

On my Panasonic with HD, that file appears to be a continuous data
stream - essential information such as titles is buried in the stream.
I've found nothing to do with that file but transfer it back to the HD to
edit for DVD-Video.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

As you say you haven't encountered a VRO file, how is this to
aid the original poster (OP)?

As for your Panasonic files, you should try
www.VideoReDo.com , as well.

Luck;
Ken

Old August 3rd 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Java Jive

You can extract video from it with various pieces of software,
TMPGEnc, etc. Further details on Panasonic DVD/HD Recorders,
including examples of what software works for getting video onto your
PC via DVD-RAM, is available from my website:
http://tinyurl.com/6hhv5o
.... standing in for ...
http://www.cemh.eclipse.co.uk/JavaJi...cDMRE100H.html

Old August 5th 08, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession

Ken Maltby wrote:

Mike Richter (Slimy ****) crapped:

snip

As you say you haven't encountered a VRO file, how is this to
aid the original poster (OP)?

Mike Richter was only strutting his supposed expertise on DVD, like this
one:

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/10/04

DVD-ROM is normally and I believe exclusively
written DAO, hence only single-session.
=======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!
'

-------------------------------------
Wow! What a Slimy Lying Friggin SOB!
-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)
Old December 15th 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.dvd.tech
Java Jive

As I'm still getting people following this link and having to be
redirected to my new site, perhaps I can be forgiven for resurrecting
the thread just to update the link! The new site is at:

http://macfh.co.uk/javajive/AudioVis...cDMRE100H.html

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 04:51:22 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

You can extract video from it with various pieces of software,
TMPGEnc, etc. Further details on Panasonic DVD/HD Recorders,
including examples of what software works for getting video onto your
PC via DVD-RAM, is available from my website:
(link removed)
... standing in for ...
(link removed)

converting VCD to DVD qwerty Cdr 3 November 1st 04 11:56 PM
Converting DVI-D to DVI-I??? CES Nvidia Videocards 2 December 2nd 03 07:47 PM
Converting VHS to DVD mr6strings Ati Videocards 0 June 26th 03 11:20 PM
Converting VHS to DVD mr6strings Ati Videocards 1 June 26th 03 03:19 AM